Technical Engine Managment Light + Rocker screws?

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Managment Light + Rocker screws?

onionbaji

Hi peps, I was playing under the bonet yesterday and took my KN(i think) air filter off and went for a drive to hear how it was and my Engine Mang Light that has been on for a couple of months went off. I had reset the ECU cause i had a new battery but when i came back and put it back on the light came back on and is on and hold now. Any ideas guys? Also i wanted to take the top cover off, i undid all the star screws but the where the two little ones are under the oil filler cap are located, one of them is rounded, any ideas how i can get it off? cherrs

2001 Fiat Punto HGT

DanGil

Knock a bigger size allen key into it, I can't understand your post tbh mate.

a1ant

-~Moderator~-
Staff member
To get the rounded bolt out, you could try chiseling a new slot into it and then use a flat head screwdriver to get it out. (Then replace it with a new bolt!). When you say you took off your filter, how much of it did you take off? and did you unplug anything?

Cheers,
Alan

a1ant

-~Moderator~-
Staff member
Could be that your k&n is clogged up. Theyre not the best tbh. How does it drive with/ without the k&n?

The Sultan

Bravo 1.8 HLX FTW
get rid of the k an n there a load of s h i t e

which cover exactly are you trying to take off and for what reason

are you simply trying to get to the plug leads or are you removing the rocker cover it's self