Technical Engine Management Light

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Management Light

AshleyR

Dilbert Pickles
So I was driving on the M1 going uphill and all of a sudden the car jerked/misfired and I noticed the orange light flash. After about a second the light went off and the car returned to normal.

On the return journey I was going downhill when I noticed the light flashing but there was no loss in performance, it did it a couple of times and im seemed as though accelerating slightly would turn the light off.

This has happened several times over the passed few weeks, anyone have any suggestion as to what it may be? I don't really wanna fork out any more money on this car as it's just had a new gasket, if it's something serious I might be heading to the dealer for px.

Thanks in advance. Ash.

EDIT: Thought I should mention that about 3 weeks prior to this after a long journey the car would flat out refuse to start, cut all electrics and wouldn't start for half an hour, after that it was fine. I'm starting to think it could be the injectors.

Last edited:
The light can mean ur lamba sensors or the injectors aint working properly when the light comes on its advised that u dont use it for long distance driving and not to give it engine tomany revs (says so in the fiat manual book) as for the stopping and all eletricks out check that both battery terminals are on secure and theres no movement in them also look at all the earth points make sure theres no rust etc could take them off and give them a clean then put copper grease on and put them back nice and secure.

Just thought I'd add that the car has completely let go now, won't start it all (cuts all electrics) and the fuse box is making a god awful "grinding" sound when you turn the key, I'm also worried that it's leaking oil. sadface.

Its never a good idea to keep driving when you have warning lights flashing.

Try some jump leads and see if that sorts the starter problems (duff battery). The engine issues are likely to be more serious.

Its never a good idea to keep driving when you have warning lights flashing.

Try some jump leads and see if that sorts the starter problems (duff battery). The engine issues are likely to be more serious.

So I'll get it started and drive it up the arse of the bloke I bought the engine from last month.

Just thought I'd add that it was a loose earth to the ECU, the guy who fitted the new engine hadn't bolted it down right, hence why it was only doing it up and downhill (loosing contact). All sorted now and she's running like a trooper :)

Just thought i'd update for anyone else having similar issues in the future, take off the airbox cover and check all the connections.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Back