Technical engine just wont start

Currently reading:
Technical engine just wont start

stevenmurphy

i have had my fiat punto 1.9td for two years after having it for six month i cracked the sump and not knowing about cars, carried on driving it:bang:. the morning after the car lost all power and stopped and would not start again. the mechanic told me that the engine was ruined and i would need a new engine which would cost more that then car so i kept the car in my drive and brought a clio. now i have purchased a reconditioned engine and had it fitted, the car had difficulty starting up and had a serious misfire and knock in the engine, so i contacted the garage that supplied the enigine and after having the car for three months they still didnt know what was up with the car they said they changed everything and had the engine on a rig to test it. the engine is supposed to be fine, they advised me it seemed like an ecu problem, so i contacted an ecu speacilist who told me it sounds like the immobiliser it needs bypassing so i paid £175 to having the immobiliser bypassed on the ecu and aftering having it fitted the car will still not start the glow plug light is now flashing but the garage which supplied the engine told me they had changed the glow plugs and it still wont work. everyone i have spoken to is stumped can anyone help me???????????:eek::eek::eek:

Back