General Engine immobiliser

Currently reading:
General Engine immobiliser

Mark Rutherford

Hey, Wondering if anyone can help? Have a Fullback pick up. Pretty much as new 15k on the clock. Runs perfect. Yesterday I needed a bit of space after unhitching trailer, so rolled forward without starting vehicle. Handbrake off, in neutral, the usual etc. Now the engine immobiliser is on and the vehicle will not start with either key. They unlock and lock fine, but won’t start the vehicle. It’s like the system thought he car was getting nicked because I rolled it forward in neutral without the engine!?! Very frustrating. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

What is the imobiliser indicator light doing with key in ignition and turned on?

Imobiliser indicator light looks like a car with a padlock through it , bottom of display in centre.

Are you remembering to depress clutch pedal when attempting to start?

Yeah locked and unlocked, but when I press the start button the immobiliser light just flashes and beeps at me. Engine doesn’t turn over. Think I’ll have to call dealership see if they can shed light on it. Thanks

No key, it’s the keyless entry/start fob. Yes, Immobiliser light flashing and beeping. Depressing clutch, doing the same as always to start, just immobiliser is not letting car start. Frustrating.

No key, it’s the keyless entry/start fob. Yes, Immobiliser light flashing and beeping. Depressing clutch, doing the same as always to start, just immobiliser is not letting car start. Frustrating.
There is a section in the owners manual
Covering beeping and flashing immo light,
Have a look .
I researched keyed version not knowing yours is keyless-doh!

It may be due to the electronic steering wheel lock not releasing. When you rolled car it may have put a slight load on the steering wheel-remember in the olden days when we had keys sometimes we had to wiggle the steering wheel to be able to turn the key to release the steering lock.
Lock in hand book for releasing steering lock - keyless entry system

Please let us know how you get on (-:
What the solution is as it's bound to happen again

Back