General Engine Help URGENT!

Currently reading:
General Engine Help URGENT!

Well like Alan says ... it a wait and see what needs help situation really... we aren't preparing it for brands hatch but it would be good to get it to the point where I don't have to sweat when we approach the motorway sliproad. Will it last or not... whose got the recovery number!?... someone has it right?:(

arc said:
thermos can jam if they have been overheated, so worth getting a new one IMO - but then i swapped mine for a lower temp thermo so i was fitting a new one regardless!

The only thing I will be using off the old engine will be the flywheel, the SPI unit & manifold, exhaust, Starter motor & poss alt

Alan.D said:
BTW Tony when are we doing this FRI, SAT or SUN? what ever day we'll need to start early as there is a bit of work involved in taking all the old stuff off properly first.
Well it can't be friday and i have an appointment at 8pm on saturday... Sunday seems to be a logical day to start and finish on.

However I think we should go for whichever day ahs the best weather prediction at this rate... I can probably get the neighbour to lend us his garage if the weather turns.

OK, sunday... that'll give me time to nip down to the Fiat parts place on saturday morning and hopefully collect the parts they have for me... *hold breath here*...

Alan.D said:
About 8am is that OK.
yeah should be not problem ... my days normally start at 5.50am these days... I may be one of the walking dead... but i will be there with the coffee and an ashtray.

Car's ready for the off Tony....:)

Attachments

• Engine 1.JPG
    Engine 1.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Engine2.JPG
    Engine2.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 19
looking good, see you in the morning Alan... i shall ensure the kettle is switched on.

Back