Technical engine fault

Currently reading:
Technical engine fault

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
Not sure if this is a new one.....

on the way to work this morning, drive 2 mile then beep beep beep.. engine fault.... car still running fine, seems no different at all,

thought it might possibly clear as fiats usually do this :) .

but no !! every time i start now it flashes engine fault and the amber engine light stays on, but the spanner dissapears once it stops flashing engine fault.

car still runs fine,,, well appears to, never stalled..

dropped it in for diagnostics at a local non-fiat garage, faults showing fueling imbalance and map sensor fault... but it still runs ok????

tried disconnectin battery for 1.5 hours to try the reset and cleaning map sensor conns and even took out the sensor to check it over, had a look at the d4 seemed fine and did checks on lambda and throttle body..... im now stuck...

still pops up engine fault.... but doesnt say stop engine..

and runs ok.... possibly a little rich.

any advice greatly apreciated... pulling my hair out i am!!:cry:

Not since ive had the car, Is it possible to find out on fiats records if they have done the throttle update to my car??? there nothing saying its been done on the service history....

cheers

MAP sensors are quite reliable.........its more important (done first) to get software update before the sensor is even suspected.

all updates already done acording to fiat... got hold of a geniscan 300 fault code showing map sensor was correct, didnt realise you had to erase faults to clear engine fault!!..

all sorted... steady idle at tick over which it has never had!! and seems to of unleashed a few more horses... most probably all 103 now(y)

many thanks for the advice...

Did they not carry out a EOBD drive cycle after changing the sensor:confused:

it appears not, the guy who worked ont the car seem rather edgy, for some reason... didnt bother to get involved....

might have been new staff... not sure... barring that sometimes its better doing things yourself anyway.... its not so bad working in the same field anyway as a dayjob.,

all sorted now anyway... so cheers for the help T14086.. i thought electrics on fiats were meant to be a pain, not tempting fate but the seem a doddle if you have the right gear..

Back