Technical Engine Fault, stalling easily

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Fault, stalling easily

redstilonz

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 1.6 5 door that has been flashing up Engine Fault after every start for quite a while with the engine management light staying on. Until recently it seems to have been running fine, smooth idle and acceleration, normal fuel consumption. However in the last few days the idle has been unsteady and it has been stalling very easily, even cutting out as I coast up to intersections. So I don't stall at every intersection I have been putting on the A/C to keep the revs up.

Yesterday I had a look at the throttle butterfly and gave it a bit of a clean but it wasn't particularly dirty or gunked up. There doesn't seem to be a burning smell so I don't think its the coils although they are Sagem ones.

Any ideas? I have it booked in to get hooked up to a computer after easter but will be travelling before then.

Cheers

Flashing up engine fault after every start? :confused: Holy smoke
I'd get a fault code reader or an EOBD interface and software so you can find out what its saying. Let's face it, you're going to need it and all cars have EOBD from now on so it's a good investment for sorting future troubles

Re your stalling idle then maybe do an ECU reset but really you need to find out what your car is trying to tell you first with the fault warning

Last edited:
Well mate my money on it being a coil had same kinda thing myself this week read my post rough running.Good luck

Back