Technical Engine fault/Security fault

Currently reading:
Technical Engine fault/Security fault

StiloJoe

Established member
Came hoem from work and was all fine got back in later and started it got a warning as above

Thought right ok turned key of and the engine runs still !!!!! everything else is off but keeps running i can lock doors everything only way i can turn it off was to drop it in 6th and lift clutch to stall it

Bloody thing any ideas?

I have taken it into the garage where i had it from today and as far as they know its the fuse box which they have ordered. Hopefully this will sort it as they have gave me a 54 plate 1.2 punto which feels down hill from the stilo

Wow man that was scary.. :( :( Hope its nothing important.. I also have a problem, although i dont know if it is a problem..When i press the clutch it some times holds the engine still at 2000rpm for 7-8seconds.. :confused: Does anyone know what is the problem or is that a problem?

Well obviously the car isn't safe to drive, in the event of any kind of incident, or even just going for petrol, you can't turn the engine off without having to forcefully stall the car.

Imagine you emergency stop to avoid hitting a kid, then stalling the car and jumping right over them just to stop the engine!

I'd go mental at the garage, citing its un-safeness for driving and get them told. I wouldn't be surprised if its really easy to fix. Try turning up at the garage with the car just before 8am and asking if they can squeeze you in and check it on the diagnostic equipment. It will only take them 5 minutes, and they might even be able to fix it there and then. :)

*update*

Car went in on 22nd Jan

Still no luck only thing they told be is that needs a new ECU cos they checked it

Prob is that they cant get 1 even from Italy so at the mo its sat in the forcourt look pitiful for itself and me running round in a bog standard MK3 punto which feels rubbish (No offence to anyone who has 1 but this does feel crap)

I have a full ICE system ready to drop in and cant do anything till they get it sorted so im kinda pissed

*UPDATE*

Finally today got it back running well smooth

Had new ecu and a new peice of wiring but all good now after 3 weeks without it

Back