Technical Engine Fault - any ideas?

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Fault - any ideas?

StiloBoy said:
Thats it "fixed", and i quote from my courtesy pack.

"Carried out diagnostic check on injection system found pressure sensor fault"
"Carried out reprogramme of injection computer"
"Roadtest (ok)"

Exact quote. As the lady in Chewin the Fat would say...... "Snifff.... Sniff.... yes, i definately smell $h1te!"

They certainly put 10 miles on the clock though and hammered it, 'cos average fuel consumption has dropped a fair bit.

I'm just happy its been checked.

Well its better then them saying "sorry sir, we found no faults on the car"

you know, they cant win, moaned at for not finding a problem, taken the **** out of when they say they did and corrected the problem ;)

I know this also mite sound silly, but my old der' rang me up a few weeks ago all worried because 'engine fault' flashed up at her on ere way to work! After taking a look at the car and seeing some of the fluids were low i topped them up and hey press toe; no engine fault. Shes done about another few k n its not appear up again! Ive never had engine fault flash up on my stilo; but ive had the low oil pressure and this seems to be when rev's are considerably low; like the car is almost stalling!

I'm a good boy, i keep my fluids topped up! :) I own a mini, so i'm in a way of checking my oil frequently if nothing else! :)

Yeah i'm glad they said they found a fault. Give it a few weeks lets see if we see the message again?

Not sure but, seems a bit more nippy? Either that or i'm just spanking it! But driving home tonight, 6th gear, 50mph in slow traffic and when it cleared it took it up to 70 easily and quickly without slipping down to 5th! :D

I have no aversion from driving the car hard occasionally when it suits me! :D I just don't feel the need to spank it all the time. Economy is our friend! :p It means you can save a few beans towards upgrading my mini! Currently working on a much fettled big carb for it!

Back