Technical Engine Failure Light Panda 1.2 Dynamic

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Failure Light Panda 1.2 Dynamic

Lenora

Hello all,

I've seen other posts about the engine failure warning light but none answer my specific question.

The light came on recently while driving my Panda and has stayed on. I have not driven it since that time.

I live in Tel Aviv. There is a Fiat Garage in the middle of the city and I would have to drive on a highway to get there. Some friends have recommended a local mechanic and I would prefer to go to him but not sure if he really knows Fiats. I asked him if it is okay to drive the car with the engine failure light on. He said yes if the light is orange and no if the light is red.

Does the engine failure warning light really show up in orange or red to indicate the severity of the problem?

Previous to the light coming on the car was running rough during the first 5 or ten minutes of driving and would jerk a bit as I drove. Now with the warning light on it seems to drive rather rough and with not much power. Really worried about being able to drive to the Fiat Garage.

Advice please!!

Thanks for the info. I only called it an Engine Failure light because the words "Engine Failure" were lit up on the display panel. Anyhow, I shall drive it over to the local mechanic tomorrow to find out what's up.

Back