Engine cuts out when i pull up - when aircon on

Currently reading:
Engine cuts out when i pull up - when aircon on

M

Mr Al

Any people..... Just started today. when i pull up the engine cuts out. Now it only seems to do it when the aircon is on.....

It seems to me like the tickover is perfect when the aircon is not on but as i turn the aircon on the tickover goes lower hence cutting out?

Anyone agree or any other ideas?

Its my HGT 155

Thanks
Mr AL.

What reg is ure 155? older cars used to have a problem with performance when the aircon was on, however i wouldnt have thought that you should have any problems with a 2.0, could be a electronic fault causing the engine to idle when there are not enough revs, does it loose performance when you switch the aircon on???

i've got a 1999 115 HLX and there is a noticeable difference in performance when the air con is on, the engine hasn't cut-out but on acceleration u can definately feel a lack of power!!!

My hgt (98 147hp) has a large dip in power when a/c is on. When you switch it on the revs bounce up to compensate for the extra loading requirement, they settle after a second or so as the correct amount of fuel is added to level off the idle rpm so it may indicate a deeper problem with the ecu/air flow sensor perhaps. Leave the a/c off and put lights on full, heated window and fan on full to put a load on the engine and watch the revs. if they drop/stall then the same problem should occur in which case get it checked by a garage

My 155 did exactly the same to me today. Cut out when pulling up into neutral. Possibly idle control valve sticky/mucky?