Technical Engine Cuts out when braking!!

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Cuts out when braking!!

mrkippax

Engine dies when slowing down - even after a 10-15 mile journey! Engine cuts out when braking, eg coming off the motorway onto the slip road and then braking for the roundabout, or by braking to a take a turning! Now an expert at "bumping the car" on the go! Not the most mechanical minded and am aware that this needs attention but wanted to try and get an idea of possible problems before letting the garage tell me! Not sur eif related or not but fuel economy is a pathetic 185-200 miles on a full tank, for a 1.4!

Apprecaite that this could be a multitude of things but any advice would be welcome! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Before I start, the problem I had with my Punto was totally different, mine couldn't hold the revs whilst idle.

However, I'd be careful with bump starting the car. The Punto's ECU reset it's self, meaning it didn't recognise the key code and costing £1k to re-program! Which I never did get round to doing as it would have been more than what I paid for the thing!

I don't really know how accurate this is, but it's what I've been told by several garages, so I'd be careful!

mrkippax said:
Not the most mechanical minded and am aware that this needs attention but wanted to try and get an idea of possible problems before letting the garage tell me!

:confused: Thats their job to tell you?

Anyway have a search through the brava/bravo technical section,you will find your answer there:)

Back