Technical Engine Cover

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Cover

After a very expensive trip to the garage which involved a stuck fuel injector, the mechanic imformed me that this was probably caused by water sitting in the top of the engine head, (apologies for any incorrect terminology) and this led to the two metals corroding. He suggested that i make some for of cover to protect the top of the engine to prevent this happening again. Has anyone found or made such a cover.?

After a very expensive trip to the garage which involved a stuck fuel injector, the mechanic imformed me that this was probably caused by water sitting in the top of the engine head, (apologies for any incorrect terminology) and this led to the two metals corroding. He suggested that i make some for of cover to protect the top of the engine to prevent this happening again. Has anyone found or made such a cover.?
I do not know what year or model you have but engine top covers have been fitted from new to all four of the Ducato's I have owned, from 2008 to 2017 models. I have attached a photo of the underside of my 2008 2.3 130bhp one . It simply pushed down onto two pillars into the sockets on the cover. Second photo shows one fitted to a later euro 6 engine. Do you have the fixing pillars on your engine, it has not be unknown for garages not to refit the cover after servicing etc?

Attachments

• Engine cover underside.jpg
    Engine cover underside.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 61
  • rear 2.jpg
    rear 2.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
By 2009 Citroen Relays were coming out of the factory with a similar plastic cover fitted over the engine.
Earlier ones did not have them and suffered from this problem of water sitting on top of the engine and rusting the injectors in.

Thank you for reply. I have a 2013 3.0 litre 180 hp version. I have found other threads referencing engine covers, i'll go and have a look for pillars. Maybe its a phone call to Fiat

Back