Technical Engine coughs, hesitates and stalls under load

Currently reading:
Technical Engine coughs, hesitates and stalls under load

theboycalledcrow

After I fixed my idle issues by going to ostensibly the best guy in Lombardia when it comes to Weber carbs (he unblocked both idle jets), another issue popped up. Now, when the engine is under load (hard acceleration or going up a hill), it coughs and hesitates and in some cases even stalls out. I know that can be caused by an overly lean mixture but the carb guy adjusted the mixture screw and I'm afraid of messing with it since I don't know my way around a Weber that well.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Hi Crow.

so you finally got the idle jets unblocked as suggested. the mixture screw on the webers is only for the idle unlike the SU carbs you are used to.

re the current issue, it would seem to me that i would look at the float height adjustment as it may be that the float is emptying as you progress up the hill, and if its slightly empty before you start going up the hill it will soon run out and not feed the run jets so well.

Or the fuel pump pushrod may have worn down so you may need to check the spacing of the fuel pump. this can be adjusted with different thickness gaskets.

the workshop manuals cover these items very well normally so best to read up on it first before just taking it apart.

Tim

So I got my carburetor rebuilt and that totally solved the issue.

But then this happened... on my birthday, even.

172687600_10158838641415469_2376656379196733048_n.jpg

Surprisingly enough it still runs and drives great and the steering tracks straight, so all I have to do is spend a ton of money at a body shop. And since I don't have a ton of money, the wife suggested I start a gofundme, so if any of you feel inclined to help a fellow Fiat lover, you can go to https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-adriano-fix-his-car

So thats
2 wings a front panel(series2) and bonnet plus all headlights and bumper that you will need,

the windscreen will need to come out to fix the wings in properly, also both doors need to come off too.

quite a lots of bits and labour too, sadly.

Tim

Yeah, I might end up selling the car as it is, depending on the estimates I get from body shops.

Hi Adriano.

Hows it going, I hope you didnt get any discomfort a few days after the incident from neck or back pain,

hows the quoting going or even the parts search.

Tim

Back