Technical Engine Coolant lid

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Coolant lid

HornetUK

Established member
Engine Coolant top

Is there a 'special' way to get the blue coolant lid off? As mine seems to have two blue ridge parts on the cap that sit either side of a block on the actual coolant bottle. I can force it over these, but is that the only way?

Also is it right in the handbook where it says paraflu is in there and no other type of coolant should be added as they don't mix?

Also in 5k miles and 9 months the level has gone from max to between max & min....is that OK? As my Punto never seems to have lost any between services and does 20k a year!

Cheers

Last edited:
Could anyone help with my questions, I know they're basic but I'm clueless with cars!

Does the blue lid come off easy rather than forcing it over the ridge on the cooling bottle & can I add coolant to Paraflu thats different?

Cheers

I Have just taken my stilo in to Reg Vardy to have my rear cluster sorted(Water ingress)

i inquired about the Coolant lid

To Remove the coolant lid on the Stilo with the Ridge on top of the bottle
"Press the Top down and turn, this should push the tab over the ridge"

Cheers
Stilo-Red

Don't forget that the level will be different depending on whether the engine is hot or cold!

If you always check it cold and level continues to go down you have a leak somewhere that needs fixing - get the dealer to sort it, you shouldn't ever have to top it up!

Paul

Cheers for advice in getting lid off.

Mine seems to have gone down about a cm in 5k, to between the min & max when cold, I'm sure it was at max when cold when I picked it up. So you reckon I have a leak as it should never go down?

Where do I look for a leak? Theres nothing on the garage floor that it sits in for 3 days at a time some weeks. Also nothing around any of the joints/pipes I can see. I presume if I told dealer it had gone down from max to half way they'd find nothing wrong as usual!

Thanks

Last edited:
Back