Technical Engine conversion

Currently reading:
Technical Engine conversion

Sporting_andy

what is involved in this engine coversion and what bits do i need?
going from a mk1 punto 1.2 16v sporting to a punto gt 1.4 8v turbo
(i really need someone who knows there potato's here guys)
p.s i already have a punto gt rear axel

not done this conversion so i'll let the punto guys tell you .what i will say is have you done your sums?
eg conversion costs
suspension,brake etc upgrades
higher insurance of a modified car with engine swap
lower resale value vs a gt turbo
when you could buy a standard gt?

there are always loads of GT being broken down then scrapped when they can't sell them on PSC forum, so get on there and put some wtd ad's down.

serioulsy custard is right a mod'd lower end car (well in your case 2nd to top) will cost way more than a std high end car with a decent alarm on,.

I had a choice of two GT's in my area, both were good, just needed fuel putting in and driven to within an inch of their lives, price, £800 for one with 103k and £1100 for one with 68k and a mint totally std body and car, other than a basic seb chip.

Should have bought it, but I can't afford to insure THAT and a turbo volvo, one or the other, and I couldn't shake the volvo so the crappy punto stayed.

I know I'm not gonna make loads of money back on it but I want it perfect. It's my baby and I wanna take it all the way. Has anyone done this before? I cant be arsed with buying a whole new car! mines T reg, clean, mint infact. It's in silver aswell the only GT's I've seenare scabby, old, done a million miles and the owners wamt loads for them. Only decent one I've seen is a yellow one r reg for £3300.I love my baby and I'm gonna turbo it!!:slayer:

Back