Technical engine cleaning

Currently reading:
Technical engine cleaning

These are not direct injection engines so fuel somewhat washes the valves when operating.

You dont want parts of hardened carbon breaking out and getting between the valve and seat when it closes.

Why do you think you need decarbonizing?

hi thanks ,yes thats what i do not want stuck carbon between valve ,as i wrote before i am new driver and fiat brava its my first car it runs great to me though,i was thinking to get more performance and fuel consumption,but now i think i will leave it it still runs so far, maybe i just change the oil ..thanks for reply

hi thanks ,,i was looking thats i can use 10w40 is that correct ?or what is the difference between them ? thank you 10W40 Synthetic 10W40 Synthetic10W40 Synthetic 10W40 Synthetic 10W40 Synthetic

A service will always help. Air filter, spark plugs, ignition leads, good quality oil, oil filter and coolant.

Having the cambelt changed properly with all the correct locking and tools will help if the belt is very old or has been badly fitted.

Personally I do not believe the magic potions that you pour into oil or petrol tank do any good at all, especially considering the long term life of your car.

yes thats what i was thiking about flush .ive just change air filter,next week wil do oil and oil lfilter and spark plugs ,i love my car its very nippy for the many i was paid it runs very well, and This forum is very helpful. Just wanna say thanks to everyone who's taken the time to help thank you !

The correct oil is 10W/40, a good quality semi-synthetic is fine and is what was specified from new.

There is no purpose in going to a 5W/40 for these cars, especially as the engines are worn in by now. You will gain nothing, it could make the engine seem noisier as well.

If you want to "clean" the internals of your engine and maybe remove any old sludge from the oil, then do the next change with a diesel-spec 10W/40 oil... these have stronger detergents in them and will do a better and safer job than an engine flush compound...

Also diesel oils do not like when gas get mixed with them, atleast the old mineral based with addatives went bad when it mixed with gas.

Diesel fuel is oil so it can be mixed with oil, old trick is to use diesel fuel to clean the engine by using it instead of the kerosine based engine cleaners you mix with engineoil.

Back