General Embarrassment... Or not?

Currently reading:
General Embarrassment... Or not?

:confused:

Driving back from work after a long weekend shift the time 10:15 taking it nice and easy down the Chester highroad which is a duel carrigeway/country road running from Chester to Heswall.

The road turns from a double lane to single with about 6 miles of perfectly straight road to heswall and all of a sudden head lamps are beaming in my rear with a car coming up VERY quickly and then begins hugging my arse!

I cruise for some time thinking should I show him who is boss or do I leave it? Well I come to a set of red traffic lights and think I will show him I am in an HGT Punto after all!!! Took it easy off the line ready to boot in 2nd and before I know it this car is shooting up past me so I flaw the pedal!!!

:idea: First thought, what the hell thats a Mitsubishi Colt how the **** is that going past me like that!
:idea: :idea: Second thought keep on the pedal must not let this turn embarrasing... Well :confused:

This thing was pulling away ever so slowly, the word creeping came to mind all the way up to excessive speeds until my sence told me to slow down this is just dangerous and stupid!

He carried on like a nutter but I couldnt stop thinking about how I just got out dragged by a Colt... Well came home and looked on Parkers and most are around the 9.7 - 10.9 mark so couldnt of been one of them unless seriously modded... Looked again and It turns out to be a Colt CZT :eek: 147HP 1.5 Petrol Turbo 7.7 to 60 and with a passenger in his car and just me on my own that explains it... So my 8.5 seconds was trampled :cry:

Moral of this Story!! Never under estimate a Colt as it lead to now 2 scallys laughing at the Punto HGT's misfortune!

Hope you enjoyed reading this even if it is a little street race like which I have to say I never really take part in! I just couldnt believe it and had to share this!

Cheers

Last edited:
Could be worse a mate of mine has a 172 clio...tried the same on a punto unfortunatley for him it was a modded GT...he was owned...annoying for him....especially cos i remind him of it whenever the opportunity arises

Nothing embarrasing about that, a quicker car is a quicker car.

Nothing embarrasing about that, a quicker car is a quicker car.

True enough!

Have you remapped your HGT JTD yet, EvilJaxx?

No, It is still running 100HP / 192Lb/ft (y) although I do use V-Power Diesel only and have replaced the old air filter with a nice new JR Panel Filter which was top quality (y) much better than the black paper one that came from the airbox!

Remap will be sometime soon :slayer:

Back