Technical Electrical - Radio/CD resets sometimes when I switch on the main beam or wipers

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical - Radio/CD resets sometimes when I switch on the main beam or wipers

leo

Hello all,
My car is a Bravo 2 disguised as a Lancia disguised as a Chrysler. I have owned it for 8 years. It is a 1.6 M-Jet.
There has always been an issue with the instrument panel doing random blanking out of some sections and I have ignored that. Recently the radio started to "reset" when I switched onto main beam. The problem is intermittent and does not happen for days. At first I thought it was related to cold weather but it has happened on recent sunny days. Sometimes the reset is triggered by switching on the wipers on (and main beam had no effect on it). The car runs normally.
Am suspecting a dodgy power or earth connection but not found anything yet. Have tried disconnecting the battery connectors and re-fitting those but have had the problem since then.
Hoping someone might have suffered the same problem and fixed it.

Leo

Have fitted an additional earth strap from battery negative to the double earth point beside the ABS block. Not had any incidents since then but its early days yet. No idea what these two earth connections are for.
Earth_Point_7.jpg

Back