Technical Electrical probs Selecta cutting out etc..

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical probs Selecta cutting out etc..

luminous

Hi,
Last night the punto cut out while driving.It done this before today wheni tried to start her up afew hours earlier.I had to press down hard on the engine fuse box to get the electrics back again and worriedly drove home.
Its a 96 P reg 1.2 auto punto selecta which i paid 850 for.
I`ve only had this 2nd hand car for 2 months and beginning to regret it :(
It passed an mot a month ago but so far the speedometer doesn`t work (it goes nuts,spinning around even when just idling,sometimes works ok,then sits at 20mph.A whack to the dashboard will occasionally fix it but i need to get that seen to.
I had a 2 litre laguna b4 this and i`m not expecting it to shift by any means but sluggish isn`t quite the word i`d use here,loses power heading off into roundabouts usually,key light stays on half the time,speedometer dial goes around even when idle,and now this cut out,look like its all related??
I`m taking few days off work to try and get this fixed,anyone reccommend someone in edinburgh? arnold clark seems to be the only one here,i was wondering if that kwik fit diagnostic place in fountainpark would be an idea..
Any suggestions? thanks

Cheers Dave,took it down to auto electrician it was a faulty fuse and corrosion inside engine box ,only cost 20 quid and now speedometer is working fine ,no more key light coming on erraticly either or engine cutting out (y)
The guy is off easter road leith in edinburgh,Ian bonnyman,brunswick road lane tel 0131-652-1399

Last edited:
Back