Technical Electrical Problems with my Punto!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Electrical Problems with my Punto!!!

matts1610

Ok, I have a 2002 Fiat Punto. The car has been in the family since brand new, and has now been passed on to me from my mother.

Recently the car has developed some strange electrical problems. First, the interior and headlights dim everytime I select the indicators, or turn on the windscreen wipers. I didn't really think anything of it, as it was hardly noticable.

However today it has got much worse. I got into my car and noticed that the radio was already on and the airbag icon on the dashboard was visible - without the key being in the ignition! Then I turn the ignition on and off, and all the lights that appear on the dashboard remained on even when I had pulled the key out of the ignition. I went out again 2 hours later to find the Digital Display was still visible (only without the orange back-light), the battery, oil, engine management, fuel-warning light, and handbrake light were still being displayed. I decided not to use my car, and my mom took me using her Grande Punto.

(n)

Could any of you guys help me, by guessing what is wrong with my car?
Thanks in advance,
Matt

Thank you sooo much. I was thinking it would be something really complicated or something. I have not long been driving, so I don't really have a clue when it comes to a problem under the bonnet. It just seemed really strange.

Your comment was very helpful, and I will attempt fixing it tomorrow. Thanks again =D

Electrical Problems with my Punto.

Just a though, have you replaced anything electrical (bulbs, fuses, relays, battery) as my old Uno`s normally did this, until I purchased a complete & dry fuse box as a spare.

As old Fiats are normally prone to electrical probs, if they get water on the fuse box, or it starts to corrode naturally & they corrode rapidly & malarky on you & start all the My "Fiats possessed", so Cue time to replace the offending fuse box.

Always worked for me, as the fuel gauge & temperature gauge read full on & most of the dash lights & Hrw came on & drained the battery overnight. :devil:

Last edited:
Back