Technical electrical fault?

Currently reading:
Technical electrical fault?

MartZ0r

Grease Monkey!
i got some kind of problem on the other punto (55s), all of a sudden the alarm isnt working, the wiper motors aint working, the roof light has also stopped working and the wiper fluid pump isnt working. but everything else works, the alarm is pretty cheap so i should of imaged that would still work at the very least.

the alarm was working earier today but now isnt, i really dont understand what it could be, anyone have any ideas?

heater doesnt work, it did last night but lights come on still, just no fan or heat.

i swapped some of the fuses around that were the same Amp, but no luck.

Where is this relay? i can borrow it out the 60s for now.

Yea all the MK1's should be the same, Right I have to make it simple to find now.

The easiest way would be to unscrew the fusebox, under and to the right of the steering column and turn it around to see the back, and its the yellow block, turn your wipers on then jiggle it about, you're wipers should come on, as well as the heater like it did with mine.

Or the other way, which could be hit and miss because you cant see anything, reach under the dashboard where the fuse box it, move around to the back and its the bottom block furthest left, do the jiggle thing to see if it comes on.

But if not take it out and give it a clean first, mine was really gunky for some reason, if it still doesn't work, replace it =D

Hope I explained that well enough, It should sort out the wipers, heating and water spray, but not sure about the others sorry.

Last edited:
niice, its working, i cleaned out the fuse box and now its all good, thanks brumbrum ;)

Back