Technical Electric Window

Currently reading:
Technical Electric Window

Hi all,

I seem to be having a problem with the passenger side window. It doesn't open and there's no noise coming from the motor.

I've tried two other motors, one worked for a bit, then stopped. The other doesn't work at all. I have noticed that the passenger window switch is abit wobbly, could this be the cause??

Thanks

It could be the solenoids inside the switch starting to break down. Have you tried swapping the switches around??

IF it is the switch, then I wouldn't bother trying to repair it! I'd just get one from breakers or eBay etc.
First thing to do is try swapping the switches around, if you get the same result, but on the other side, then there's your problem. I'm assuming you've checked the fuses? I'm not sure if its one fuse for the two, or if they have their own fuses.

In that case, after 3 motors, I don't think there's a lot else left that it could be!!! I could be wrong though, the windows are one of the few things I haven't had trouble with on mine yet!!!

i had one where the wire had broken in the plug on the motor so had intermittent working motor
i had to cut the window cable to get the cassette system out replaced and still didnt work:mad:
took me ages to work out the problem
worth checking

Attachments

• 030113-1420.jpg
    030113-1420.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 23
Back