Electric spray Guns

Currently reading:
Electric spray Guns

Noclu3

Fiat = Ticking BOMB!
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I saw that and wondered if it was just gonna be crap?

Do you recon its work £50?

That compressor will do the job. As dave said, the electric ones arent really up to giving you a qulaity finish like that you need on a car.

Thanks guys.

I missed that last compressor (went for £65 all in)

Looks like the seller has loads though.

ah yeah my machine mart has a corner or returned open boxed stuff as well, got my racing jack it there for nearly half price :slayer:

don't forget you don't need no big massive compressor for spraying as you only need low pressure

Yes. As spray guns run usually between 30-50psi which can be provided by a small compressor. However you dont want your compressor to loose pressure half way through a panel. Tank size is critical. This compressor would not hold enough pressure for a bonnet if the spray gun was at 40psi (n) For small areas though it would be ideal and will be a million times beter than the electric variety. (y)

Yes. As spray guns run usually between 30-50psi which can be provided by a small compressor. However you dont want your compressor to loose pressure half way through a panel. Tank size is critical. This compressor would not hold enough pressure for a bonnet if the spray gun was at 40psi (n) For small areas though it would be ideal and will be a million times beter than the electric variety. (y)
What tank size do I need to do a whole bonnet or roof?

I have a entire car to do, bit by bit.

Last edited:
25L tank will be fine. It should have an auto start function that will keep the tank topped up whenever it falls to a certain pressure. As long as it has a high enough displacement (the amount of air the motor can supply on its own) and you set the auto start/stop to say at least 50psi (most on that thype of compressor are about 100psi by deafult anyway) then you shouldnt have a problem.

A gravity fed spray gun uses I think 150-180 lt/min. Therefore a 25l tank will struggle with a bonnet/roof purely because the compressor will struggle to compress the air and fill the tank in the time that you are emptying it. ;)

I would be looking at 50l as an absolute minimum. :)

I'm looking at getting a compressor for Xmas. i was looking at one in Screwfix for £130 with a decent displacememtn and I think a 50 litre tank. Accessory kit was £20 on top of that for guns, inflators, hose etc.

Will now be checking out 'B' grade stuff though :)

I'm looking at getting a compressor for Xmas. i was looking at one in Screwfix for £130 with a decent displacement and I think a 50 litre tank. Accessory kit was £20 on top of that for guns, inflators, hose etc.

Will now be checking out 'B' grade stuff though :)

Back