General Electric Mirrors

Currently reading:
General Electric Mirrors

Considering this is glass we're dealing with, care to shed some light on how to remove and replace the door mirror??? :D

Does anyone know the answer to this? Do you just use a screwdriver and carefully pry the glass off, or is it more complicated than that? I don't want to attempt the removal of the glass incase it breaks on me.

Does anyone know the answer to this? Do you just use a screwdriver and carefully pry the glass off, or is it more complicated than that? I don't want to attempt the removal of the glass incase it breaks on me.

I've never done one on a Stilo but on VW stuff i move the glass to the furthest point to the left and gently but firmly prise the glass off with bare hands from the inside edge outwards. I have heard that they can be broken quite easily when doing this.

Last edited:
I was scanning my car today with FES and it says that the right-hand door mirror heating isn't working; as I can see in this thread, quite a few other people had the same problem. Is there anything I can to to try and repair this or is a new glass the only solution?

I was scanning my car today with FES and it says that the right-hand door mirror heating isn't working; as I can see in this thread, quite a few other people had the same problem. Is there anything I can to to try and repair this or is a new glass the only solution?

New glass, about £15

Never seen it in FES myself before though.

Thank you! Did they change the design or will the same thing happen with a new one after time? It seems that only right side mirrors are faulty...

You can check for this error if you connect to the door modules (in FES).

Back