Technical Electric front windows

Currently reading:
Technical Electric front windows

corry

Hi there, just purchased a 57 plate scudo 90 multijet van,
a couple of things I would like advice about.
Firstly the main issue is the electric windows have stopped working apparentely the morning I got the van, the switches light up as normal and when you press the switch you can here a faint click from the winder motor but nothing else and this is both sides. When I picked it up the guy had washed the inside with water as he is a builder and there was a lot of water around the battery compartment, could he have shorted something out in that area?.
Secondly when engaging 1st gear there is a bit of a clunk noise is that a problem?.
Any advice on these matters would be greatefully received.:)

The electric windows in these vans tend to be a problem, bad drive mechanisms and bad electrics but I would be surprised if washing had anything to do with it!!. A clunk going into gear is allways something to worry about, usualy the dual mass flywheel on its way out, you need to have a mechanic look at this for proper diagnosis.

Just a thought, when the van was given a wash was it cold enough for the water to freeze where it collects at the bottom of the windows? It might have jammed them winding down possibly burning out the winder motor?

Thanks guys for the input, I had the cover off on the passenger side under the cup holder and had a poke around with the electrical connectors and just for a minute the passenger window worked (y), is there anything to do with the windows in amongst these connectors? again any advice will be greatfully received :):):).

I think there is a clue here. You would of had the door open whilst doing this, a broken wire in the loom comming through into the door is highly possable.

Had the same problem before, rain got into switches on mine, had to take out switches and clean contacts inside.:)

Thanks for input, I have checked everything that has been suggested
and still nothing :bang: i have had the door cards off and with the engine running pressed the switches and there is a slight tug on the winder cables, could there be any chance that the full 12 volts isn't reaching the winder motor and if so why.
As always any input greatfully received..:D:D

Back