General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

Currently reading:
General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

Don't suppose you could post a photo of your eibach ARB scottc1088? Just curious on how it differs from the existing one. Even better would be a comparision shot of the to ARB's mid swap when you do it at the weekend.

i love the arb on smooth roads but as mentioned it can induce understeer (in the wet i can get it understeering round country road twisty bits at 60ish +/- a bit) but its predictable understeer luckily :) on the bumpy roads (ie any road around me close to home) i hate it with a passion :( but other than that i love it :D so little bodyroll, had a heart attack when i last took the sei out :p

paulbfd said:
How about a bar that fits onto where the rear seat bolts into the arches (for those without rear seat, obviously). That would be easy enough to fabricate and easy enough to fit for anyone who don't have a cage but fancies a bit of stripped out trackday action.

That would be very easy for me to complete, but adjustment would be minimal as to prevent damage to the structure of the car by tightening inwards or outwards, and weakening the structure instead of becoming (as such) an integral part of the cars structure

Luke1985 said:
Jamie, why you need a rear strut brace? The rear suspension is on its own subframe from what i gather, in which case fitting a rollbar will have no effect at all :confused:

Ok main one is looks :eek:

Also bit of extra strengthening to the cage can never be a bad think and especially if I take to the track as is the plan :devil:

Bah, just strip the car and seem weld it all no need for braces then.

But if its rear brace you want then a nice easy one to copy is this bad boy for teh R5GTT which has a torsion bar set up, so no rear struts either http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=126

But i stand by what i siad they front bar on its own will make the car understeer even more, not really the best thing in a Cinq, so to conter act it some form of rear bracing shoudl be used.

plus lower the car too much will make it slower as the suspension will become skittish and not have enough travel to keep the car incontact with the ground, and with less travel the tyres relay less information to driver so more likely to get caught out.

CaneyJ said:
Don't suppose you could post a photo of your eibach ARB scottc1088? Just curious on how it differs from the existing one. Even better would be a comparision shot of the to ARB's mid swap when you do it at the weekend.
will get a comparison shot if i remember to take the camera

Right, to complicate matters a little more there were two versions of the ARB from Eibach, one which followed the route of the OE ARB and one that finishes below the lower wishbones, this causes the bar to foul 13's if fitted with the original bolts, substituting the bolts for domed head allen bolts and turning the bracket around fixes this IIRC.

The Novitech ARB was supposedly a copy of the Eibach one only powerder coated green instead of red.

With the latter Eibach Arb, there can be certain grounding/rubbing issuse over speed humps even with mild lowering eg 20-30mm.

The Eibach ARB kit was £155 two years ago.

Liam

Em, fancy measuring up the lengths of the runs?

I could probably throw together a reasonably good drawing if I could get that info, as Im sure that help things..

bloomfieldliam said:
Right, to complicate matters a little more there were two versions of the ARB from Eibach, one which followed the route of the OE ARB and one that finishes below the lower wishbones, this causes the bar to foul 13's if fitted with the original bolts, substituting the bolts for domed head allen bolts and turning the bracket around fixes this IIRC.

The Novitech ARB was supposedly a copy of the Eibach one only powerder coated green instead of red.

With the latter Eibach Arb, there can be certain grounding/rubbing issuse over speed humps even with mild lowering eg 20-30mm.

The Eibach ARB kit was £155 two years ago.

Liam

Ahh explains my rubbing :eek:

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Again, pictures are needed if anybody has them! :eek:

£155 is very expensive - i would expect mine to be around £75 with VAT minus delivery if i can get enough info on them to make a prototype!

Well pictures may well be in the pipeline....from that, dimensions can be obtained :p.

Theres enough info for a prototype no?

Only thing that bothers me is what sort of steel is it? Wouldnt it have to be a sort of spring steel (like that used to wind springs) to prevent it eventually failing through fatigue?

A pic as promised!

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 60
Spot on, thanks emma (y)

Right, now i know i can replicate that without a probelm but all those bends allow for a large amount of tension lost at central top, even though the bush mountings take some of that, it will still not be as stiff as possible.I'm sure we could use somethign similar but bends that are not as drastic, but still clear the sump and exhaust etc.

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Spot on, thanks emma (y)

Right, now i know i can replicate that without a probelm but all those bends allow for a large amount of tension lost at central top, even though the bush mountings take some of that, it will still not be as stiff as possible.I'm sure we could use somethign similar but bends that are not as drastic, but still clear the sump and exhaust etc.

Want me to get a picture of its routing physically fitted to the car?

Back