General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

Currently reading:
General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

From i have read, Eibach no longer make them. The only person i know of who has one is bloomfieldliam.

They are discontinued and a while back I asked Eibach and Novitec if they still did them and I got a resounding "no" from each of them.

You need to watch Ebay (UK & Europe) very closely to maybe snatch one I'd guess.

I can't really say how much better it is as I had springs and shocks fitted at the same time but the bar is much thicker than the standard affair.

Maybe worth doing the ARB bushes at least but you could come across some problems with the mounts as other have had recently.

Liam

Had an eibach roll bar on my focus, it was awesome on smooth roads, and a nightmare on uneven roads, the steering would be constantly jittering around, as the roll bar tried to even the car out, hence manufacturers are going to hydraulic systems for roll bar functionality.

iv got a eibach arb and will be fitting it this weekend, only problem is i wont be able to comment on differences as im fitting my spax lowering kit aswell

J333EVO said:
The thicker anti-roll bar can in fact induce more understeer, and as others have said unless on smooth surfaces which we don't really have here in the UK, can make the car more twitchy.

Aaron.

Hear that Liam? ;)

Maybe you should remove it? I'll look after it for you mate :D

punto_jr_sx75 said:
If anybody is interested PM me with ideas or designs. I make things tlike strut braces etc, and easily skilled enough to make a cinquecento ARB

Take it you could do a rear strut brace easy enough as well then? :yum:

Now theres an idea for a group buy, I would love a stiffer rollbar for track days. How many others would be interested just to give punto_jr_sx75 an idea of numbers.

1) Badger_Benji

Badger_Benji said:
Now theres an idea for a group buy, I would love a stiffer rollbar for track days. How many others would be interested just to give punto_jr_sx75 an idea of numbers.

1) Badger_Benji

Maybe do a seperate thread...

jamie86 said:
Take it you could do a rear strut brace easy enough as well then? :yum:

Never mind a strut brace, you have no rear strut tops :p Fit a cage and stiffen the whole shell.:slayer:

Badger_Benji said:
Never mind a strut brace, you have no rear strut tops :p Fit a cage and stiffen the whole shell.:slayer:

You mean like this ;)

I also fancy a rear brace across though..

DSC00335.JPG

(P.s. Don't mention the angle of the harnesses)

Thats the jobbie, get a bar added to the cage, that will be better than onto the inner arches.

Hmmm, on the harnesses, if you get the bar added to the cage, you could get harness mounts put on that, solve both problems, but if you go inner arch wouldnt recommend attaching the harnesses to it.

Detached the rear boot floor from the inner arches on my 899, playing with too much lift off oversteer, oops.

That false floor is long gone and the harnesses are attached to the rear seat belt points now :)

Yeah I think a bar going across from where the cage mounts to the arches would help stiffen it up a bit more.. :yum:

paulbfd said:
How about a bar that fits onto where the rear seat bolts into the arches (for those without rear seat, obviously). That would be easy enough to fabricate and easy enough to fit for anyone who don't have a cage but fancies a bit of stripped out trackday action.

Those are slightly reinforced, guess that could work, but if you take the rear seats out remove the rear belts as well on the floor, and attach harnesses there.

Back