General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

Currently reading:
General Eibach uprated anti roll bar

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Yup sounds spot on, so is there an uprated ARB that is an exact fit to the standard mounting point ones? Do cinqs and sei's that dont have ARB's have the mounting points for ones? this is an option from which they may be able to be mounted.

As far as I know, Yes.

S and SX's can be fitted with ARBs as the clamps can be bought from Fiat I believe!

The two anti roll bars together..

Attachments

• DSC00050.JPG
    DSC00050.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00049.JPG
    DSC00049.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 64
At first glance they look to be same shape only the eibach is slightly bigger, it only needs to be slightly bigger due to the mathematics.

Id think if you can make an uprated ARB, there'll be a market for it...

I for one would have one!

Lol, at the minute, i am very busy and cannot find time to get matt's cinq on the lift and measure distances and get ideas for. If somebody were to send me a protoype of what to build.... that would be a different story :) I could probably whack one out in a nightime!

Again, i know we would be capable of making the correct bends using the correct thickness of bar or tubing, but getting the mountings machined properly would be a bugger. I dont know how they attach but if i were to use standard fiat bushes and mounting points it kind of limits as to where they can go and again, i do not think the ARB would end up being much better than the standard unit. One idea that Matt suggested was having it stright from one side to the other, but boxing around the exhaust (meaning the exhaust would sit in the same place but would have a box around it)
I dont believe that would compromise strength but it would mean to remove the ARB it would need the exhaust released at some point along it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't torsional rigidity depended on the material of the bar too?

I mean, a different alloy composition should give a different torsion to the bar. Perhaps it would be possible to manufacture a stiffer bar but with the same thickness as the original, in order to keep the original bushes...

I think you will find the cost of materials is greater going for a better alloy than it is to go for a thicker bar of the same.

Badger_Benji said:
I think you will find the cost of materials is greater going for a better alloy than it is to go for a thicker bar of the same.

Simple but true. Alot of people asked weather they could be made with uprated poly bushes, so i think that if we used the standard mountings at least they would fit.

By using a stonger carbon steel (IRRC) it will be stonger but too high and it gets too brittle, I have thought about using solid bar and machining ends to it, but i am not confident that this would be of any great advantage. It would be alot heavier lol

Back