General Eibach Pro Dampers

Currently reading:
General Eibach Pro Dampers

porlus

When I got my Stilo I have come from a Mk2 Seat Leon, so was dissapointed with the wobbly handling of the Stilo. So first I changed the springs to the Eibach Pro Kit ones. Pretty impressive at first, handled far far better etc. Then over time the handling seemed to go soft and wobbly again. Not as bad as stock, but it was there. What was worrying was, if I was driving at speed into a dip in the road, the OEM dampers were almost bottoming out. Hmmmmm not good I thought. So I guessed the OEMs had been taking a battering with having the springs fitted and the performance had degraded rapidly (over 3/4 of a year). So I decided to get some Eibach Pro dampers fitted.....................OMG :slayer: what a difference

The car has minimal body roll. Feels very very solid now. Handling at speed on bends just feels safe. To put it simply, the handling feels right. Probably on a par or better than the Leon I had.
Anyone who has uprated there springs and has the stock dampers on still. Please please beg, steal or save up to get Sports dampers. You will not regret it for a minute.

I have always said to people "Dont fit lowering springs on stock shocks " nice to be proven right for a change :D

The Boge Turbo shocks that Phil suggested to me are an inexpensive upgrade from EOM shockers, and I can't fault them at all. I've had a good 15,000 miles out of them now, and they're frickin superb.

EDIT: Phil, I spoke to Proven Products a couple of days ago about rear shocks, and they can't get hold of Boge Turbos, all they could do were Boge Autos for the rear :bang:

The Boge Turbo shocks that Phil suggested to me are an inexpensive upgrade from EOM shockers, and I can't fault them at all. I've had a good 15,000 miles out of them now, and they're frickin superb.

EDIT: Phil, I spoke to Proven Products a couple of days ago about rear shocks, and they can't get hold of Boge Turbos, all they could do were Boge Autos for the rear :bang:

Use the gaz shocks on the rear ..their adjustable for dampening as well gaz GT ;)

http://www.gaz-shocks.co.uk/product.html

Last edited:
They're listing front and rear shockers for the Stilo are the same part numbers as for the brava and bravo :confused:

good old fiat parts sharing :D although I dont think they actually do use the same strut Decks will know he has a bravo as well as a stilo :D yes he puts himself about a bit on here :devil:

help in desperate need of uprated suspension need shocks and springs.cnt seem to find many stockists for the abarth.help appreciated recomendations stockists prices ??

There are litterally hundreds of places on the net. For uprated shocks at reasonalbe prices visit www.provenproducts.co.uk and you can get Eibach springs from just about any mod-shop. If all else fails, go to the Eiback website and search for dealers. It's worth remembering that if a I site does a product or one car, chances are they'll be able to order parts for any other car from the same manufacturer.

EDIT: Try here also.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring back an OLD thread, but anyone know the cheapest place to by Eibach Pro Dampers?

Looking at getting these along with the Eibach Sportline Springs.

Also if anyone has any better alternatives to these products, please say so.

I Have the sportlines with the pro dampers. I would highly recomend them. Handling is spot on. Holds the corners no problem at all. I paid £180 for the dampers i think, nlt sure Cant remember exact price, i can check when i get home if u need?

Sorry to bring back an OLD thread, but anyone know the cheapest place to by Eibach Pro Dampers?

Looking at getting these along with the Eibach Sportline Springs.

Also if anyone has any better alternatives to these products, please say so.

There are loads of Eibach suppliers in the UK, you need to surf the net for the best price.

As to alternatives, it really depends on what you're prepared to pay. If you're looking at a spring/damper set up (rather than coilovers) then Eibach springs are one of the best.

Eibach dampers, however, are OK, but there are better ones (IHMO). For example Bilstein (as fitted to the Stilo Schumi GP) or how about KONI? KONI produce two designs for the Stilo, Sport adjustables and FSDs. I've had Sports on a previous Stilo and can also recommend FSDs (though not on a FIAT). They aren't cheap, but are designed to offer a softer ride with firmer damping on corners, due to their unique Frequecy Selective Damping:

http://www.koni.com/190.html

It's very much a case of 'you pays your money and takes your choice'...

There are loads of Eibach suppliers in the UK, you need to surf the net for the best price.

As to alternatives, it really depends on what you're prepared to pay. If you're looking at a spring/damper set up (rather than coilovers) then Eibach springs are one of the best.

Eibach dampers, however, are OK, but there are better ones (IHMO). For example Bilstein (as fitted to the Stilo Schumi GP) or how about KONI? KONI produce two designs for the Stilo, Sport adjustables and FSDs. I've had Sports on a previous Stilo and can also recommend FSDs (though not on a FIAT). They aren't cheap, but are designed to offer a softer ride with firmer damping on corners, due to their unique Frequecy Selective Damping:

http://www.koni.com/190.html

It's very much a case of 'you pays your money and takes your choice'...

Cheers Phill.

Yeah my suspension is defo 'shot' and in need of replacing, so thought I would invest in some decent springs dampers and sort out the Stilo's stupidly high stance at the same time.

Back