Technical ECU reset

Currently reading:
Technical ECU reset

When I removed the battery to do my front suspension (the bolts were knackered and I needed to cut them off!) I'm guessing that I have reset the ECU caus my car is now running really rough and won't rev past 4k. How long will the "re-learning" take and can I speed it up at all??? :confused:

On a positive, the car now handles very good and no understeer at all!

Cheers
Duncan

I have checked the wires and stuff and it all seems that everything is connected. Gonna double check in a minute once it's cooled down a bit.

It definetly won't rev past 4k and it's incredibly slow on the way upto it. It feels like the engine has about 10bhp!

Its got Optimax in it, that wouldn't make the reset ECU go silly would it??

In the words of Vicki Pollard, yes but no but yes but no

I still think that you have a split in a vacuum pipe or its connector. Check the map pipe very very carefully, even take it off completely and blow through it to make sure its clear.

Cheers

D

rallycinq said:
In the words of Vicki Pollard, yes but no but yes but no

I still think that you have a split in a vacuum pipe or its connector. Check the map pipe very very carefully, even take it off completely and blow through it to make sure its clear.

Cheers

D

Is this the pipe that goes from the inlet manifold to that black sensor near the ECU??

dont trust fiats ecu reader! had a punto befor that coughed and spluttered and went in to tortiose mode. they tested it made me fork out for new lambda sensor cos it failed. but no fixed as never got to root cause. which was water in petrol tank that pushed the readings on the lambda up. them guys cant fix anything unles its on a print out. and the print outs somtimes lie. costing you and me $$$$$$ thanks local mechinc that solved problem for 15 quid after allready forking out over a 100 to fiat muppets.

Back