Technical ECU Recall

Currently reading:
Technical ECU Recall

Reaver23

I own a second hand mark II 52 reg punto and recently got a letter from fiat telling me it needed to go in due to an ECU recall that the previous owner hadn't had done - well anyway booked it in and got it back today - all in all the car is a lot better shifting gearwise (less clutch judder when changing gears) and a little quieter (don't know if this is normal) - only problem is that in first gear at low speeds the car judders heavily as if its about to stall, the balance between biting point and stalling seems to have been greatly reduced and it requires more acceleration to keep it from stalling (also biting point is lower down the clutch) its gonna take some getting used to and is really gonna get on my nerves in slow moving traffic. Is this difference normal after this recall correction has been peformed or is something wrong - i have absolutly no idea about what an ECU does or car workings in general and can only judge by what differences i have seen. Just wanted some feedback as to whether these changes are normal.

If they did something it would change the clutch bit point!! But if you car feels as if its gona stall the ECU should correct it without you needing to put more revs on. Im not sure but the ECU may take a while to adjust to the engine again if they adjusted it

Thanks for all the responses - thankfully it seems to have stopped on its own accord. Just hope it stays that way! Thanks.

Back