General Economy

Currently reading:
General Economy

RegT

I took my Panda 4x4 diesel to Italy. 1445Km of autobahn at 120-160 kph (what it said on the speedo, honest) and the rest of the time climbing and descending mountains. It returned 5.9l/100km which is 48mpg! After I got back I drove to France and decided to see what I would get if I drove gently. Answer 4.6l/100km which is 61mpg. Totaly outstanding and far better than a small two seat car we used to have. What are your best consumption figures?:cool:

I took my Panda 4x4 diesel to Italy. 1445Km of autobahn at 120-160 kph (what it said on the speedo, honest) and the rest of the time climbing and descending mountains. It returned 5.9l/100km which is 48mpg! After I got back I drove to France and decided to see what I would get if I drove gently. Answer 4.6l/100km which is 61mpg. Totaly outstanding and far better than a small two seat car we used to have. What are your best consumption figures?:cool:

My figures are in my sig :D :D

:D 35 ish around town...
did a 35 mile round trip last to Preston week, reset trip before starting.
Mix of motorway (couple of quick blasts up to the ton :rolleyes: ) and town, returned on A roads, stuck to 50 on the way back.
Puter showing 38.8.......

Did a round trip from Leeds to London at the weekend, 38.1mpg it returned

Still cost me nearly £40 in fuel thou
:(

Very timely question for me this...

My works Panda 4x4 1.2 petrol returns c.38mpg when it's just me running round the dales, and c.29mpg when pulling the trailer round the same area.

We've just been given a Panda Cross for a weeks trial, and I've just had a quick hours trial myself to see how it compares. The trip comp is showing a trip of 700 miles at an average of 38mpg, and ave speed of 35mph. There must be some seriously heavily footed people round here as I don't hang about at all - or is the car just not then economical compared to the petrol car?

Having read the previous comments, I think I'm going to have to conclude that they must breed 'em with heavy feet in Yorkshire!

But, the engine pulls so well at lower revs with so much better torque than the petrol, which would make life when pulling the trailer so much easier so for reason, that's the version I'd have if I was to change from my petrol Panda. Plus it goes really well too, really fun! Rear suspension is still a bit stiff and is quite noisy so I suspect the car has seen some action over its 7000 miles of life so far!

My 1.1 Eco usually does 54 mpg over a tank on a hilly A road, although last fill up was only 50 mpg, so I'm not sure what I did there.

Back