Ebay, selling my phone. Suspicious stuff.

Currently reading:
Ebay, selling my phone. Suspicious stuff.

Hiya kids,

So I'm selling my Z500 on ebay and I put a buy it now option on the listing.
It got bought within an hour but then nothing from the buyer for two days despite me sending a plite note with the invoice offering them help if they needed it (since their feedback was 0 - a newb)

Then today I get an ebay email:

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department) said:
FIB NOTICE: Suspicious Bidder Alert - item #6477986902, Bidder 2006eazy

Please be aware that we have recently cancelled bids for the buyer noted above due to our inability to confirm his or her contact information and/or the failure to complete recent transactions. The buyer's privileges to trade on eBay have been temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further.

Our records indicate that this buyer recently attempted to complete a transaction with you. Since the buyer is not currently registered on the eBay site, you may consider the transaction null and void if you have not already shipped the item.

If you have already shipped the item, we advise you to consider taking the following steps at this time:

1. Contact the company that was used to send BLAH BLAH and so on and so forth

So I relisted the phone... and now it's been bought again by a buyer who's actually willing to contact me... but alarm bells are a ding-a-linging.

CaptainScamMeister said:

Hi,
I would like to pay for this item via postal order,right now i'am
presently in united kingdom, and i want to give it to my fiance as a
surprised birthday gift, so i will like to know if you can shipp it to
nigeria,i dont mind paying any amount for the shipping cost,please if
you can do this for me i will be very grateful.if you accept, kindly send
your full name and address which am going to send the payment to
including the shipping cost by dhl or fedex. i will be expecting your
reply so that i can buy you the postal order at the post office near to
my house.

Here's the shipping address.

ADETOLA GAGBRIEL
15, ONI STREET OFF
Off RANDLE AVENUE
Surulere Lagos
Nigeria
Please Reply As Soon As Possible

Hmm, the words Nigerian and scammer are used too often in the same sentence for my liking. (Not that I am in any way implying that all Nigerians are scammers, much like all men with green hair do not necessarily hit children)
Having said that....

"presently in united kingdom, and i want to give it to my fiance as a
surprised birthday gift, so i will like to know if you can shipp it to
nigeria"

Wow, by coincindence it happens to be her birthday? And you want to give her an overpriced (yeah I know) gift - how sweet!
Why don't I ship it to you, since you are in the UK then you can send it along to her and make sure I haven't bubble wrapped a turd for your beloved.

"ADETOLA GAGBRIEL
15, ONI STREET OFF
Off RANDLE AVENUE"

OFF Off?
And GAGBriel? I'm no professor of namology but surely that must be a typo?

OK so being snide about his crappy email aside...
Scam or what?
Surely anyone buying a phone would want it to be delivered to somewhere they could check it out for accuracy of listing, or to see if it even worked?
The whole thing stinks to me and guess what? Feedback (0).... Aaaah.
Thoughts?

2/2 defunct buyers aint bad is it :)

Its a scam. I was caught out by a scam on ebay, i lost my phone plus £159. The person paid money into my paypal account. I waited a few days for the funds to clear then transfered the money to my current account. The buyer asked me to send it to a different address (in Brazil), the second i told the person i sent of the Phone i get a email saying the card used to pay me was stolen.

Ah, I didn't know you could block countries. Champion. Mind you it does say ship to UK. I've reported it to Ebay...

Do I still get charged to relist the item every time?

I have been clearing out old stuff to try and cash in on my life (anyone want to buy a big tv, and a house for that matter) - sold last phone then the guy turned out to be in luxembourg. Seemed OK though and was!! yay.
I suppose Luxembourg is a far cry from Nigeria.

Bunny said:
Its a scam. I was caught out by a scam on ebay, i lost my phone plus £159. The person paid money into my paypal account. I waited a few days for the funds to clear then transfered the money to my current account. The buyer asked me to send it to a different address (in Brazil), the second i told the person i sent of the Phone i get a email saying the card used to pay me was stolen.

Worst bit was it came from a registered paypal account. :mad:

Back