Ebay Question

Currently reading:
Ebay Question

i nees to get rid of a lotta junk at home, but im not sure i wanna sign up to sell on ebay, BUT id like to know about it first,

things like, where do ebay get there money from, are there hidden charges and how much :confused: (and ways to get round them (y) )

also should i use paypal, as ive heard some bad things about it!

AND finally anyone wanna buy some old phones :p ;)

Serin, great place, don't be scared.

Typically you pay a listing fee and a final value fee, all the info is on ebay.

Paypal takes a short time to set up with your bank. You could try NOCHEX instead - lower cost to you as a seller (I believe) - just the buyer has to pay a £1 to upload money into their account. Cheques are good obviously but slow. I am slowly phasing out my use of paypal following the things I have heard they can do and will never use them for a value above £20 from now on.

Any questions just ask, there's lots of ebayers on here.

NB: get photos of items, don't spend too much time on descriptions but make sure you tell the truth.

they make there money off a %age of the final price you sell 4

they also charge u for placing sumfin on ebay
eg:
12p for a pic
25p listing cost
10p for a highlited listin
etc etc

there is a way to get round there charges by setting final price as 'buy it now for 1p' ther charge shed loads for postage

as ebay do not take any money off you for postage

but if they find you doin this they will ban u

b.s.a.ds

hope this helps

well how much is listing fee? a certain amount, or a percentage?? (NVM too slow (y) )

does it cost to sign up?

BTW the reason im asking is that the pages with all the info is on dont seem to work

and how do i find out postage costs?

listing fee depends on how many pics and other options u choose

you find out postage buy goin to the post ofice and weighing the item, they will tell u how much it will cost to send it, then u tell ebay that u want postage to be .........................woteva the post office said

yea
if yo got to my ebay then click sell

it will ask u for card details n stuff

fill all that in and it will send u an email sayin u are now a seller

If you're already signed up to ebay just click "sell" and you can sell :)

With paypal it's (I think) a little more difficult but involves you setting up an account than can accept money aswell as give although maybe it's automatic these days.

Oh and you can weigh at home and use the royal mail postage calculator, add something for packaging and 10% "Just in case" and viola.

http://www.paypalsucks.org/

1) They can reverse your payments in/out
2) Money into your account AND downloaded into your bank account isn't yours, if the worst happens they can take it back (say if they find an account you received it from is fraudulent)
3) If in their opinion you break their codes they lock your account and all the money in it for 180 days, they don't tell you to stop using paypal, they keep your money.

Thankfully in the UK I think the FSA regulates them but it's not true in the US.

They are also getting rid of the buyer protection thing (as useless as it is!)

http://www.paypalsucks.org/

UK FORUM of people in the UK who have been taken for a ride:

http://www.paypalsucks.com/forums/showforum.php?fid=17

Obviously you can't blame PP for it all, 90% of it is to do with the scum who break the rules, however, the way paypal deal with all of it is often ****e :D

Back