Ebay...grrr!

Currently reading:
Ebay...grrr!

Just had a reply, think she/he (I think it's a she) intends to bring it to me today, £530 COD and when happy, hope my bank gives me that sort of amount.

Then I will have my old computer for sale assuming Gericom fix it.

Steve C said:
Every auction that had ever been works like this! I snipe in all the time. What is the point of bidding early and pushing the price up? I don't understand why anyone bids with less then 1 or 2 minutes remaining.

yea i kno i kno... it was supposed to be kinda tongue in cheek, just well annoying when u want something, and someone beats u to it with 3 seconds left, i usually bid once to show interest then wait till near the end, just annoying when it doesnt go to plan hehe :p

and as for leaving feedback, i dont understand y people dont leave feedback for payers as soon as they pay, they have done there bit of the deal by paying as soon as possible... however i do understand good rep is impotant and the problem is, i think people are too hasty to leave negative, if i have a problem with the item i wait to c how the seller will respond and depending on what they do. i would only leave negative if the service they give is deserving of that feedback, if everythin got sorted, they would still get positive, but me leaving negative feedback for a crap item / service shouldnt mean i get negative when i have paid the second the aution is over!

This person is coming around at 1:30, wonder how many bricks are in the box and how quickly I will be running after them after they nick my money....

Yeah the alone bit in the house is difficult since parents at work, though I may be getting my dad to nip home. If 3 huge guys turn up, they're not coming in. I will get their reg plate noted and a picture of their car if possible, I know their phone number, they have 60 positive on ebay.

I need to be confident and get everything running before paying (money will be hidden until that point, not sat on the worktop next to them!)

I think I have been talking to a Louise, a single woman doesn't scare me...

The Negotiator said:
Yeah the alone bit in the house is difficult since parents at work, though I may be getting my dad to nip home. If 3 huge guys turn up, they're not coming in. I will get their reg plate noted and a picture of their car if possible, I know their phone number, they have 60 positive on ebay.

I need to be confident and get everything running before paying (money will be hidden until that point, not sat on the worktop next to them!)

I think I have been talking to a Louise, a single woman doesn't scare me...

it shouldnt be too sus mate... to be honest i think everythin will be cool, but maybe i am a bit too trusting!

keepin the money unseen is a good way of doing it... if u need some hired muscle! i think i can be in nottingham in about 4 hours :p lol

lol cheers, anybody wanting to rip me off face to face after only meeting me over the internet would be a little stupid, they don't know whether I am 4ft or a huge boxer. If I was 4ft and they met me in the pub, of course they know they could take advantage. I am neither obviously 4ft nor a huge boxer but I am sure there are much easier targets to take advantage of.

The Negotiator said:
lol cheers, anybody wanting to rip me off face to face after only meeting me over the internet would be a little stupid, they don't know whether I am 4ft or a huge boxer. If I was 4ft and they met me in the pub, of course they know they could take advantage. I am neither obviously 4ft nor a huge boxer but I am sure there are much easier targets to take advantage of.

tru tru... if they roll up in a big black truck a-team stylee with no plates ....................................................................................RUN!

lol, exactly, bought since the laptops are supposed to be free gifts from buying a fleet of lexus company cars, I will expect to see a drug dealer car outside anyway ;)

But yeah, if 4 huge men turn up, the doors will remain locked and my phone will be turned off.

The Negotiator said:
lol, exactly, bought since the laptops are supposed to be free gifts from buying a fleet of lexus company cars, I will expect to see a drug dealer car outside anyway ;)

But yeah, if 4 huge men turn up, the doors will remain locked and my phone will be turned off.

nah man lexus' are drug dealer cars... u gotta watch out for the diablo red E30 BMW's especially with tinted windows and huge wheels!!!

or black merc's for the upper class drug dealer lol

but seriously, u gotta let us kno how it goes!

I will, followed by pictures, either of my laptop of a blank space and a very upset Paul lol.

:)

Just realised same machine was £999 in aldi 4 weeks ago which was already cheap, so at £530 brand new etc. it's a steal!

I never live by the rule of "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" i live by "there's enough stupid people out there" ;) lol

Sounds like a hell of a deal if it comes good (y)

I'm sure it will, I understand how you feel though, I always expect the worse too.

quote...... I think I have been talking to a Louise, a single woman doesn't scare me...

:D Hopefully not from MANSFIELD then..................

Well obviously I don't know whether to believe the story about them being free gifts but if they are, I guess it explains why they don't care too much about maximising the amount, just getting what they can quickly, then again, somebody who nicked them would do the same lol.

I have to go and get the cash now, HSBC won't give it me so relying on a certain family member.

The Negotiator said:
Well obviously I don't know whether to believe the story about them being free gifts but if they are, I guess it explains why they don't care too much about maximising the amount, just getting what they can quickly, then again, somebody who nicked them would do the same lol.

I have to go and get the cash now, HSBC won't give it me so relying on a certain family member.

free gift = the lorry was already open!

Back