Easy way to fit Components in Cinqucento? Can they run off HU, or need Amp?

Currently reading:
Easy way to fit Components in Cinqucento? Can they run off HU, or need Amp?

alvintheredcar

Hiya guys,

Got my sub sorted out in my boot now :slayer:

What I would like to do now is put some components up front, but the Cinq isn't too clever in regards to space for speakers obviously as it only has space for two 10cm speakers. I have upgraded these to some pioneer ones which are better than standard, but still pants compared to components.

I would like to know if there is an easy way to fit some component speakers. Basically I would like the least hassle and to be honest I would like to keep them discrete so they are not on show if that is a possibility.

My other question is do they need to be run from an amp or can they run from a head unit? My sony cd puts out either 2 or 4 x 45watts apparently (but I know this is hardly sufficient to run anything decent), but how power hungry are some smallish components?

I have an amp already wired up in the boot which is pretty nice and would easily power some components, but I would be concerned about running speaker cables all the way from the boot to the front (for fear of interference from power cables etc). I know I could resite the amp but also where would it go? :( Lots of dilemmas here!

Originally I had the amp in the boot running some audiobahn 6x9s which are very tasty but I know the sound wouldn't be as balanced as just the sub in the boot with some components up front.

Anyone know of any cheapish component speakers that I could perhaps pick up from ebay? I guess I would be after the smallest ones you could get as obviously the Cinq is small.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved, the help I have recieved already has been great so thanks everyone! (y)

Anyone have any advice? :worship:

I have seen some 4" jbl components on ebay but from reading around on the forum, the general consensus seems to be that you should have 5 1/2" components at the least. I can understand why as well, as you wouldn't get much midbass from a 4" driver...

I'm just stuck where I would put them and where I would put an amp if they needed one! :bang:

Thanks in advance! :p

Thanks custard, do you know if you need an amp to power components, or will a HU do? I'm actually considering just getting some 10cm/4" components instead, can't be bothered with the hassle of speaker pods etc...

you can run comps off a HU, there the same as normal speakers as long as they show a 4ohm load. however you wont be getting the full potential from them.

heres my comps atm

door_cards_001.jpg

Back