Easy jobs that turn into SOB's

Currently reading:
Easy jobs that turn into SOB's

Well after a week of trying to remove the electrical connector from the headlight bulb ( it is as ridiculous as it sounds ) I'm going to have to remove the bumper and take the headlight out. Glad to know I'm not on my own. Changed hundreds of bulbs but this is just the worst.

I hate cars built by companies that appear to employ spider monkeys (n)

It's worse when you put a vehicle into a mechanics for a 'simple job' and it turns expensive from there.

I hate cars built by companies that appear to employ spider monkeys (n)

It's worse when you put a vehicle into a mechanics for a 'simple job' and it turns expensive from there.

IIRC a headlight bulb change on an AUDI A3 was a 5 hour job,
needed to remove the ABS pump for access,
then reassemble + bleed braking system

I remember when we got our 156 it had a "bulb- out "warning..:eek:

checked and it needed a front sidelight, access was dark / gloomy / cramped..:

(so after 10 mins of contortion) I decided to unbolt the headlight and pass it all forward into daylight..a 2 minute job(y)

only to reveal the actual bulb holder had a HANDLE on it, so you could EASILY reach in and wriggle it out of the light unit:) (y)

loved that Alfa:cool:

Fitting a new headunit. Yup.

"Just pop it off, you can plug it straight in" says the Halfords man.

Did it. No power. Darn. Bloke said we had to wire it into the cigarette lighter - easy job. Screw thread has gone on the screw that needed removing to get that panel off. New plan, try some other trim.
Five hours, and half the plastic trim in the car having been removed later (I say half - literally one plastic panel was left) it finally was in. Then managed to change it back out of Turkish.

Back