Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 12:56:45 AM at epicenter
Location 53.321°N, 0.314°W

Distances
50 km (30 miles) S of Kingston upon Hull, England, UK
70 km (45 miles) NE of Nottingham, England, UK
80 km (50 miles) E of Sheffield, England, UK
205 km (125 miles) N of LONDON, United Kingdom

Re: Tremors/minor earthquake in Staffordshire

We felt it here, now cant get back to sleep.

havent felt the earth move like that for a while :p

Beth was fast asleep through it thank goodness lol

sky news are covering it well

I was in the bed, light off listening to mp3 on my headphones, eyes shut. all of a sudden the bed was rocking side to side, I thought it was the missus trying to wake me up, but she was downstairs, I didnt hear anything due to my headphones

about 12.55am, here in wilmslow, cheshire

Weirdest thing ever, scared of going back to sleep now in case the house falls down!!

Re: omg wtf?! Earthquake!

Wow, that was scary - reckoned it lasted around 15 to 20 seconds in Northampton, what a weird sensation.

Oh, in case you are wondering, I merged all 3 threads about this together ;)

Last edited:
we had it, was quite scary. :(

good job i parked my car at the end of the drive nearer to the road (as i was to lazy to reverse up last night), as ive just been out and the stack of bricks that i normally reverse near tp (within a foot off), a few of them have fallen off the top of the stack and landed a few feet away :rolleyes:(y)

Felt it on Teesside. The windows were rattling and I thought it was the wind but couldn't hear any wind - then I felt the bed shaking. No noise apart from the rattling doors and windows. Glad I wasn't asleep as I can now say I've lived through an Earthquake! Very strange experience, almost wish I had been closer to its eipcentre.

i was in bed asleep, as every good tax paying contributor should have been (unless you work nights).

i dont get it though. The uk isnt on a fault line?
be honest, you didnt listen at school did you :p

Last edited:
Was a bit shaky here in Lincs. I only live 18 miles from where it hit :eek:

Was like when you are in a night club and you go into the toilets where the massive bass is shaking the cubicles and you hear more vibration than noise.

felt nowt out here - tho my neighbours did... i had a couple of whiskys last night which might explain it :eek:

Last edited:

I felt it too, was a noise then i could feel shaking.

But i was being simple and didnt realise why, i was putting it down to the wind for the noise and my imagination

I woke up at around 1 to the sound of someone shaking my door (I'm staying in a B&B), then I heard this moaning noise. I thought, what the hell is going on here. Anyway I flung open my door armed with something pointy and there wasn't anyone there. When I had woken up a bit, I realised the moaning was the wind, and found out about the earthquake this morning :p

I felt it like. Was trying to sleep and heard wardrobe and desk moving. Thought next door were up to no good until my gf rang in leeds saying things were falling of her shelf

Back