Technical Earth Strap to Gearbox

Currently reading:
Technical Earth Strap to Gearbox

I’m not sure but someone will advise… that nut is very difficult to remove I had to soak mine in wd and give it an hour when i did finally remove it it’s actually attached to a sort of screw … mine came out complete

oiled it last night and had another crack at it .got it off now. Eased off the 2 bolts holding the slave cylinder down and gave me enough room to get the nut off as it bottoms out on the bottom of the cylinder if fully bolted down. Defo stupid place to put it.

Yes no reason it can't go to any bolt on the gearbox although I see you shifted it now It is a stupid place to put it that's for sure.
Yes no reason it can't go to any bolt on the gearbox although I see you shifted it now It is a stupid place to put it that's for sure.
If you’re buying a generic one it needs to be at least 250 mm long . 200 mm is tight and they wont fit inside the lugs on the chassis side without a washer between it and the one from the battery.

Last edited:
It is a stupid place to put it that's for sure.
I'd agree.

Remember this car was designed in LHD form; the hydraulic clutch assembly was added for the RHD conversion; in my opinion, this conversion is neither well thought through nor implemented with decent quality parts.

It wouldn't have been that hard to relocate the strap on RHD models.

I'd expect this bolt is accessible without complications on LHD versions.

Yeah it’s like most other bits on the 500 ..you have to remove 3 things to get to one 😂 glad you got it out just make sure it’s TIGHT when you replace or it will give you starting issues trust me I know!

Yeah it’s like most other bits on the 500 ..you have to remove 3 things to get to one 😂 glad you got it out just make sure it’s TIGHT when you replace or it will give you starting issues trust me I know!
The couple I've had to do were causing steering issues but started fine. One was completed disingrated.

Back