Tipo (Classic) EARLY TIPO - needs saving

Currently reading:
Tipo (Classic) EARLY TIPO - needs saving

Just a space issue for me. That would make a great addition, but I have nowhere to put it. Surely someone's going to buy it, hopefully someone on here - looks like a great example of a Mk2.

I'd rather have the digital dash.., but does look very nice.
Palio..is this original enough for you..??

No, afraid not. It's a later Tipo (mk2), and I'd only want a DGT with velour seats. Ideally a 1.4, but a 1.6 would be OK - I might even (shock!) consider a diseasel, but the rest of the car would have to be perfect & a decent colour.

The colour's right on this one, but fortunately (as I've already got to sell 2 cars to make room for recent purchases), the rest isn't. Good buy potentially for someone though. (y)

TBH , I'd only just scanned the AD.
thought the clocks and interior fabric was SOOO dated,
I'd assumed it was an EARLY Mk1 with the gridded clocks..:eek::rolleyes:

too good / genuine to be "chavved" for 12 months then scrapped:(

Palio, :)
I'd just wanted your thoughts.. not an invite to see it
at Castle Combe show.. :D(y)

Charlie

TBH , I'd only just scanned the AD.
thought the clocks and interior fabric was SOOO dated,
I'd assumed it was an EARLY Mk1 with the gridded clocks..:eek::rolleyes:

too good / genuine to be "chavved" for 12 months then scrapped:(

Palio, :)
I'd just wanted your thoughts.. not an invite to see it
at Castle Combe show.. :D(y)

Charlie

Thoughts are, please find me a mint DGT for Castle Combe! :yum:

Anyone want to buy a mk1 Uno Selecta or mk3 Panda 4x4? I accidentally bought a Solara which is huge (wasn't expecting that!), closely followed by a Rover 820 Sterling which is gigantic!! I was already out of space...... :bang:

Shame its overvalued by about 2.5 times.

I see there's another one on ebay now with an even more unrealistic pricetag.

Don't get me wrong I love the tipo (I've had six of them) but they are not worth much over scrap value in reality.

Shame its overvalued by about 2.5 times.

I see there's another one on ebay now with an even more unrealistic pricetag.

Don't get me wrong I love the tipo (I've had six of them) but they are not worth much over scrap value in reality.

Not sure why ???? ??

This is the most underated car on the road, I pushed my 1400cc to 108mph on a downhill stretch of road and you dont see many cars of this age in the same bodily condition, this is the car that changed the fortunes of Fiat as it was the first Fiat to be built of 70 percent galvanized steel, Audi pioneered the use of galvanized body panels and fiat was the second manufacturer to follow.

The car is really nice but maybe not the best interior and exterior colour choices. I'm sure it will find an appreciative home.

I disagree with criticism of the dash and interior... the dash layout is really excellent and functional, nice symmetric little groups of dials and lights, and the same for the stalk controls. Along with the seats they are much more imaginative, attractive and useable than on the follow-on Bravas and Bravos that are much more generic and characterless in terms of design and quality etc.

Reactions: SFB
Back