General Early thoughts

Currently reading:
General Early thoughts

Daver

Well had my Sporting since Friday 1st and done about 200 miles.
Only used 3000 or a fraction over revs up to yet, letting the torque do the work, gave the throttle a little extra jab tonight and was dead chuffed at the immediate extra urge on tap, any thoughts or comments anyone?
Secondly has'nt the Turbo got an addictive whistle to it, just hear it with the window open a bit.
All in all well pleased, would'nt have my Mk2.5 Sporting back for love nor money, the difference is like night and day!!

Im glad you like yours... :). I like mine too done 5400miles now and its going like a ****ing whippet now :). As far as Turbo Diesels go it sounds great :), Can hear the turbo in the cabin where as my Skoda Fabia vRS sounded like a tractor pretty much all the time. Ive just done some acceleration vids i'll put them up sometime soon.

Some times Strain to hear it, but other times its really loud, ace. But wierd how it seems to come and go:confused:

VindiVee8 said:
Some times Strain to hear it, but other times its really loud, ace. But wierd how it seems to come and go:confused:

Thats strange yet concerning at the same time. It may be due to it being a Variable geometry turbine which means it can change pitch (and noise too) by itself depending on conditions. So different temperatures outside might mean different vector on the turbine.

ChrisUK Acceleration Vid

Last edited:
The turbo whistle rocks! (y)

In fact the whole car does - its a buzz to drive

sorry if im being a retard but is the noise of the turbo when you get to around say 3000 revs and its likea whistling noise? like a dump valve sorta thing?? i hear that and its sexy lol

Back