General DVD Player

Currently reading:
General DVD Player

rriggs

Does anyone know if it REALLY is possible to connect a video or DVD to the ConnectNav screen?

I've not looked at the back of the unit so do not know what inputs there are but there is an "AUX" option on one of the buttons in audio mode.

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth

I haven't got my car yet, but the connect+ manual says it is possible. I do think it is only video input and no audio input, but i'm not sure.

Yogi

You haven't got your car but you've seen the manual???

I have the car but no manual....

Are there any pictures in the manual? Anything you could scan in and email?

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

Yes, i've asked the dealer for the manual so I could already study it. And yes I can scan some of it, but I live in the netherlands so the manual is in Dutch. Can't you download a copy, I know there is a manual in German somewhere on the net.

Yogi

I think that German would be even worse than Dutch. Anyone know where I can download a copy in English or French?

Roja

2003 Silver 3-Door Abarth with graphite wheels and all the toys

I was curious about connecting a DVD Player to my ConnectNAV + cos I saw in Argos this perfect Car DVD Player for £99 from Argos...

I asked my Fiat Dealership who looked into it and told me that its not possible. Appearently there are no other sockets free on it.
I was told its programmed into the software to handle it but the hardware hasn't been made for it.. Its just there ready for when the hardware has been made.
Plus looking at the ConnectNav manual it says that the screen can handle 256 colours - which if it would be possible for plugging in a dvd player would look pants on the screen.
PC's use 32,000 Colours for DVD Playback and I'd imagine similar on TV's..

its such a shame they didn't include that cos that would have kicked ass.

Jetweed.

2003 - Stilo 1.9 JTD Dynamic

The Manual states AUX enables an external video source (Composite). I have no further information except that I do not have a CD Changer. Any wiring diagrams or suggestions to plug types?

Fiat Stilo 1.9 Dynamic, Connect Nav+ v9.7, Subwoofer etc

The manual also says it's a 256 colour, 7" 16/9 LCD with the following resolution: 480x234.

This means it has less than half the lines of common PAL display.

Will it worth to try using it has a DVD or TV display?

Not in my opinion.

Michael

The resolution is not the issue here, its the dots per inch (dpi) that are relevant.

At 480x234 the dpi is much higher on a 7" LCD than 625 lines on a Typcial TV - so the LCD is more than adequate for the job. The 256 colours is a limitation of the video RAM employed by the SatNav unit - anything more than 256 colours is pointless in this application. However a direct video feed would probably not go via the video RAM in any sensible design, do is probably not an issue.

Paul

Stilo Abarth 3dr, Broom Yellow (Nov '03)

Back