Technical Dumb-ish question about mid exhaust box

Currently reading:
Technical Dumb-ish question about mid exhaust box

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
found this while looking for a set of leads on msport.co.uk:

Jetex Mid-Section for Fiat Seicento hatch 1.1i + Sporting (98->) Material: Laser Deeptone T409

Any guesses at to what this will do? - obviously it's to replace the standard mid box (mine has been removed), but will it make any changes to the exhaust note do we think?

found this while looking for a set of leads on msport.co.uk:

Jetex Mid-Section for Fiat Seicento hatch 1.1i + Sporting (98->) Material: Laser Deeptone T409

Any guesses at to what this will do? - obviously it's to replace the standard mid box (mine has been removed), but will it make any changes to the exhaust note do we think?

Jetex are laser and laser are jetex

They are 2 companies that are the same but different and sell products through themselves (if that makes sense).

so its a jetex product, but made by laser in T409 grade stainless, and for Seicento hatch 1.1i + Sporting (98->)

The only other bit is the deeptone, I guess it just makes it louder, possibly no centre? I'll give jetex a ring tomorrow for you to find out (y)

ok, change of plan, I just checked the catalogue

Its a straight pipe, no flexi, I think its a cut and shut with your std centre.

check the bottom right of this picture

90.71935Blarge.jpg

T409 is the grade of stainless steel, dunno what the laser bit is

and be it poor stainless at that heres a quick bit of info for u all regarding 409 stainless steel

MBRP's service and technical teams have been getting a fair number of calls and emails from people who purchased T409 XP Series exhaust systems. After about a year the customers are noticing what appears to be rust on their “stainless steel” system. They are understandably distressed.

For this reason, it is important to understand the difference between T304 and T409 stainless steel.

There is a reason that the Pro Series T304 systems cost more than the XP Series T409. The Pro really is a more durable, higher quality stainless steel. It all starts with what goes into the alloy that makes up the tubing.

What makes stainless steel “stainless” is the addition of chromium to the alloy. Chromium creates a film that serves as a buffer against corrosion, even when it is cut or scratched. The more chromium there is in the alloy the more resistant it is to oxidization or corrosion. The addition of nickel to the alloy enhances this resistance.

T-409 has a chromium content of between 10.50 – 11.75 percent and a nickel content of .50 percent. T-304 has a chromium content of between 18 – 20 percent and a nickel content of from 8 – 10 percent. In fact, there is so much chromium and nickel content in T-304, and so little ferrous material, that a magnet will not stick to it.

A Pro Series T-304 system will not rust or oxidize. It will develop a golden color over time when exposed to high heat. XP Series T-409 has enough ferrous material in it that it will show surface oxidization, especially when exposed to salt or calcium chloride. This oxidization can be buffed off with stainless steel cleanser and a scouring pad ( i like this lol get under car too clean of the salty winter deposits). Rust through will not occur until well past the warranty period even under the most severe conditions( we live in england not the sunshine state in the usa )

basically if u want shiny go for 304 if u want cheap but stainless go for the 409

Hmmmm.... it's starting to seem like it's essentially what I have on the car at the mo (custom straight through to the cat).

Would there be such a thing as a rear baffle box that alters the exhaust note?
Not looking for scooby loud - but something a tad gruntier would be nice

get supersprint ;)

do they do a midbox? or are we talking backboxes now?
Dont really wanna get rid of my backbox - remus 3" stainless, and bought for a bargain..... that and the fact that funds are somewhat limited atm (no change there then :p )

on the standard sei exhaust there is a baffle before the rear silencer i think this is what u mean! (i cant see a pic or anything:confused: )

i didnt put one on my car to make my car louder! i know you can get different sizes of baffle to alter exhaust note but to get these fitted your going to have to get a custom job made up e.g powerflow - supersprint ect or be good with a welder and be quite patient

do they do a midbox? or are we talking backboxes now?
Dont really wanna get rid of my backbox - remus 3" stainless, and bought for a bargain..... that and the fact that funds are somewhat limited atm (no change there then :p )

Dude if the remus will fit a cinq then ill buy it(y) ,im having lots of exhaust problems atm,crap backbox causing vibrations with a straight through midpipe.(Well i think its the backbox) all i know is it vibrates like a mo fo and it cracked me decat nearly in half:mad: powerflow for you

Dude if the remus will fit a cinq then ill buy it(y) ,im having lots of exhaust problems atm,crap backbox causing vibrations with a straight through midpipe.(Well i think its the backbox) all i know is it vibrates like a mo fo and it cracked me decat nearly in half:mad: powerflow for you

funny you should ask that - it actually came off a cinq, had a slight tear in the pipe, which was easily welded back together :)
Only problem is it sounds rather tame on the mpi engine - but from what I gather a lot of exhausts do.
Had thought about saving for another peco - if i go down that route ile let you know.
Gonna see what difference induction makes - but i need answers in a different thread on that matter 1st :p

https://www.fiatforum.com/cinq-sei-technical/121466-another-dumb-ish-question-induction-systems.html

well if you do want to sell it id probs buy it. not bothered about the hole. And the noise,well me manifold+decat and straight through midpipe should liven things up abit.
As long as its been designed on a cinq and the correct flow etc,it'll be better than the powerflow thats on atm

well if you do want to sell it id probs buy it. not bothered about the hole. And the noise,well me manifold+decat and straight through midpipe should liven things up abit.
As long as its been designed on a cinq and the correct flow etc,it'll be better than the powerflow thats on atm

well like I say - it came off a cinq...

It's running as a straight through system on my car - sounds good, just not very grunty until you hit the revs.
Dunno when (if at all) ile be ready to give it up, but I shall keep you in mind - it's not like I need an excuse to be passing your way... I'll keep you informed.

Actually Tom, you might be able to comment actually on my other thread about induction - mind taking a look? - the thread has become somewhat diluted with all kinds of side issues, but I really only care about the heat - take a peekwill ya?

Back