Technical Ducato

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato

earphones

Ducato 2.0 jtd 11

Ok just bought a 2006 ducato van 2.o jtd
There is a few jobs to be done with it that im trying to get sorted out.
First being
I have only 1 key that starts the van, there is a problem with all locks that there were an attempted break in and all lockes were damaged with a screwdriver !!! i mean flathead screwdriver inserted into all locks and twisted to smitherines.....
I dont know weather there is central locking in the van?
Heres a pic of the 1 and only key i got with the van
ducato011.jpg

ducato011.jpg

ducato012.jpg

That round circle part of the key in black in the above picture is not a button?

Any thoughts on the above?
i know this is going to cost money but it is a project.

Thanks to all,,,,
Paul
ducato012.jpg

Theres central locking in it ok, if inside and close drivers door catch from inside the whole van locks up,,,,,,

Yes im coming to that conclusion too, as there is nothing on the key regarding fiat or anything else, what can i do? i dont like going to the main stealers if i can avoid it.

You would think a key company or something like it can do a key even for the central locking? and then just use the other to start the van,, does this make any sense,, you can see im not a mechanic,,,,but you would think that the key that starts it would lock and unlock the drivers door , and it doesent,,,, :mad:

would it just be easier to get a new door barrel ? as the one fitted is not working, at least that way i can lock up the van

Update:
The key i have dont work in any of the door locks ie it dont turn, now that puts a different light on things, im lost here

Does the key you have fit the ignition and start the van? Hope you haven't bought a pig in a poke.
I have a genuine lockset with two key blades no fobs somewhere you just need to fit the blade to your fob. I could stick it on ebay if you want.

Other options:
Disconnect the door locks and fit a thatcham approved alarm with immobiliser output - disadvantage is if the battery went flat you'd have to break into your own van but fortunately/unfortunately its very easy to break into the ducato.

Buy a full lockset + keys + ecu + immobiliser from scrappie

Buy full lockset + keys from dealer and pay for programming of keys.

Does the key you have fit the ignition and start the van? Hope you haven't bought a pig in a poke.
I have a genuine lockset with two key blades no fobs somewhere you just need to fit the blade to your fob. I could stick it on ebay if you want.

Other options:
Disconnect the door locks and fit a thatcham approved alarm with immobiliser output - disadvantage is if the battery went flat you'd have to break into your own van but fortunately/unfortunately its very easy to break into the ducato.

Buy a full lockset + keys + ecu + immobiliser from scrappie

Buy full lockset + keys from dealer and pay for programming of keys.

Yes the key i have will start the van and also open petrol cap,,,

iv just being onto a nice guy at fiat parts in waterford, he reckons that whatever happened along the way the locks on the van are original and the ignition was changed probobly got from breakers with the fuel cap,,,,

im getting there nearly one problem sorted,

you could just gime me your paypal details and il sort it? if that went on ebay i still wouldnt win it, thats my luck and if you did a buy it now someone else would buy it,,,,,:eek:

Thought you were in the UK, you havn't a hope of getting a lockset in a scrappie here and if you found one they'd want a million quid for it feckin chancers. Got a quote for some bits yesterday from the biggest dismantler in the midlands - 280 euro got the whole lot delivered to the door from dungannon for 65 sterling. I'll dig out the lockset later and pm you.

Back