Technical Ducato particulate sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato particulate sensor

Scott N

Fiat Ducato Pilote motorhome.
Bought this new November 2020. Engine new typ 120 bhp 2.3 diesel. Only done 80 miles due to covid. Orange engine warning light came on. Awaiting new particulate sensor. Fiat dealer where motorhome is just now does not know when updated sensor will be available from Fiat.
Anybody got any knowledge about availability?

This problem has been around for years and fiaT still fit the cheap one prone to failure, the replacement also requires a conversion loom. Sorry youve been unlucky but this is the best time to have the problem.
Assume you mean the dpf differential pressure sensor. I need to identify the one i have and carry as a spre when abroad. Ask yor delear for details of one fitted (when it all works). parts and van supply has been difficult this year.

Thanks for reply. I eventually got in touch with Fiat customer care in Italy. Amanda from Fiat in Italy was very helpful. She organised a spare one to be delivered to Fiat dealer where my motorhome waits for repair. Should be repaired by end of March. Timing of failure has coincided with Covid lockdown so I haven't missed any use. I think I'll get a spare unit as you have done. Annoying though considering its a new motorhome.
Thanks for your post.

Thanks for reply. I eventually got in touch with Fiat customer care in Italy. Amanda from Fiat in Italy was very helpful. She organised a spare one to be delivered to Fiat dealer where my motorhome waits for repair. Should be repaired by end of March. Timing of failure has coincided with Covid lockdown so I haven't missed any use. I think I'll get a spare unit as you have done. Annoying though considering its a new motorhome.
Thanks for your post.
Hi, I have the same problem, error code for a particulate matter sensor. Can you advise me the email addy you got for Fiat customer care, as they don't have one in New Zealand please.

This problem has been around for years and fiaT still fit the cheap one prone to failure, the replacement also requires a conversion loom. Sorry youve been unlucky but this is the best time to have the problem.
Assume you mean the dpf differential pressure sensor. I need to identify the one i have and carry as a spre when abroad. Ask yor delear for details of one fitted (when it all works). parts and van supply has been difficult this year.
@theoneandonly any update on the upgrade sensor and conversion loom?

@theoneandonly any update on the upgrade sensor and conversion loom?
I eventually identified the one all ready fitted and just bought a spare. It lives in the glove box alongside the spare MAP Sensor warding off evil spirits.the garlic is in the motorhome part.

Back