Technical DUCATO JTD DYNAMIC SWB 2005 cabin filter location

Currently reading:
Technical DUCATO JTD DYNAMIC SWB 2005 cabin filter location

Taira Ducato

Hi everyone, I was looking on the web about location of cabin air filter/pollen filter, because my model is DUCATO JTD DYNAMIC SWB 2005. Does anyone has any ideas?

Hi everyone, I was looking on the web about location of cabin air filter/pollen filter, because my model is DUCATO JTD DYNAMIC SWB 2005. Does anyone has any ideas?
Hi, Welcome to the forum.

This diagram from the parts catalogue may help. Item 12 is the filter.

Attachments

• Ducato.JPG
    Ducato.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 215
Hi Davren, thanks for sharing this information. I will try to find cabin air filter. It seems like I have to open up top of the console. I was try to take bottom of the console.

I forgot to mention my issue, front screen air blower isn't blowing air air, that's why I was trying to replace cabin air filter. Does anyone have/had some problem?

Hi

You may not have a filter actually fitted in the relevant space, unless you have air conditioning.

If it's not accessed through the top of the dash, try removing the plastic trim at the base of the windscreen on the outside. This is held with a number of torx head screws into plastic bushes.

If you have no airflow, it's unlikely the filter is completely blocked. Can you hear the fan turning, and is it fast enough ? If not, you need to first check the electrical feed by measuring the voltage across the two fan motor terminals on all the speed settings. On full whack the fan gets 12 volts, on lower settings it is reduced by a variety of resistors. The speed switch and resistors are in the earth return side of the fan motor. If the resistor pack is faulty (it has a thermal fuse inside) you may only get the full speed setting (resistors bypassed).

If the voltages are OK, check for a siezed or partially siezed fan, for example one of its plain bearings may have gone dry and tight or there may be something jamming it.

I attach a corrected Fan schematic for the X244 model posted in the past - Thanks to Communicator or whoever posted it originally. If you have aircon there are differences.

Attachments

• X244 Heater Fan with Corrections.pdf
    547.3 KB · Views: 56
Hi Anthony, thank you very much for detailed answer! I really appreciated;)

Yes, I can hear the fan turning and it is fast enough, so I will remove the plastic trim outside.

I guess you meant like this guy on this video.

Thanks

Hi

That video shows an earlier model. If you are lucky you may find that the plastic on your model has been redesigned so that you don't have to bother removing the wiper arms.

If the Fan is blowing and the ducting isn't full of leaves, the only other thing I can think of is that a movable flap somewhere is no longer moving or there is a problem with its actuator cable.

Back