Technical Ducato Comfortmatic clutch bleed/fluid change.

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato Comfortmatic clutch bleed/fluid change.

OZavan

I have a 2017 build Ducato 2.3l 180 Multijet with the Comfortmatic gearbox and need to change the clutch fluid.
Multiscanecu has a 'clutch bleed' function for the gearbox. Am I rights in thinking that I open the bleed nipple (photo below) by turning it half a turn and then use Multiscanecu to run the bleed program? Has anyone simply done a pressure bleed?

I've done a few searches and some Ducato's have a retaining clip on the hose that you release then pull the hose out until it clicks then gravity bleed. I'm guessing this only applies to traditional clutches.

Any guidance appreciated.

1683609715112.jpeg

Hi OZavan. Did you end up doing the clutch bleed.
Some say it can just be done by gravity opening the bleed nipple and letting it drip while refilling the reservoir.
Not sure though. Mine is also a 2017 and I think it has never been done.

Hi OZavan. Did you end up doing the clutch bleed.
Some say it can just be done by gravity opening the bleed nipple and letting it drip while refilling the reservoir.
Not sure though. Mine is also a 2017 and I think it has never been done.
I haven't done the bleed yet as I'm traveling for 3 months. Fiat recommend the fluid be changed every 12 months, so I'm not pleased it wasn't changed as part of the annual servicing. I should have gone through the service invoice in detail.

I found an excellent guide to the clutch bleed on an Aust FB group. The short answer is the bleed nipple isn't the old school screw down, rather it is a quarter turn to vent and it doesn't need force. I will just siphon out the old fluid and then pressure bleed from the top. It would also be easy enough to vacuum bleed from the bottom and a decent sized syringe should do.

If yours is 2017 and the fluid looks manky, I'd deal with it.

I haven't done the bleed yet as I'm traveling for 3 months. Fiat recommend the fluid be changed every 12 months, so I'm not pleased it wasn't changed as part of the annual servicing. I should have gone through the service invoice in detail.

I found an excellent guide to the clutch bleed on an Aust FB group. The short answer is the bleed nipple isn't the old school screw down, rather it is a quarter turn to vent and it doesn't need force. I will just siphon out the old fluid and then pressure bleed from the top. It would also be easy enough to vacuum bleed from the bottom and a decent sized syringe should do.

If yours is 2017 and the fluid looks manky, I'd deal with it.
I would be grateful if you would let me have a link to the Aust FB group and the clutch bleed guide.

I would be grateful if you would let me have a link to the Aust FB group and the clutch bleed guide.
Search for Fiat Motorhomes Australia. You may have to join. Go to the files section and look for How to change clutch fluid. The short answer is:
1. use a vacuum pump or syringe to suck olf fluid from the reservior
2. hook a hose and vacuum to the bleed nipple
3. undo nipple and bleed. The nipple isn't the conventional steel thread, but a quarter turn that doesn't need much force

Search for Fiat Motorhomes Australia. You may have to join. Go to the files section and look for How to change clutch fluid. The short answer is:
1. use a vacuum pump or syringe to suck olf fluid from the reservior
2. hook a hose and vacuum to the bleed nipple
3. undo nipple and bleed. The nipple isn't the conventional steel thread, but a quarter turn that doesn't need much force
Many thanks for the info, much appreciated. 👍

Back