Technical Ducato CarAudio - Code error. Please restart the system

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato CarAudio - Code error. Please restart the system

Robert64

Hello,

I have Ducato 2.3 Multijet 2012 and my friend give me new caraudio from his Ducato.

In my Ducato i have ISO connector and radio has 52pin connector so i ordered this cable. (In attachments)

Radio starts ok byt show me error message.
Anti theft code - Code error. Please restart the system

Do you now what si issue?

I think that problem can be in:
1) Radio si connected to his CANbus and not recognize my car
2) Radio has corrupted firmware and must be reinstalled
3) Radio has not CANbus connector because i have only ISO and not 52pin

Have you met someone with this problem?

Thanks for help
Rob.

Attachments

• CFE0CFAC-89FA-4FE5-ADF9-251BD6763800.jpeg
    CFE0CFAC-89FA-4FE5-ADF9-251BD6763800.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,217
  • 6FB5F4B2-2767-4A79-BAD3-E0CB2F411890.jpeg
    6FB5F4B2-2767-4A79-BAD3-E0CB2F411890.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 325
  • ZRS-212 4CARMEDIA - Connector  radio,ISO; Alfa Romeo,Dodge,Fiat,Jeep; PIN 52  TME - Electronic c.jpg
    ZRS-212 4CARMEDIA - Connector radio,ISO; Alfa Romeo,Dodge,Fiat,Jeep; PIN 52 TME - Electronic c.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 303
The radio is tied to the VIN of the vehicle it is fitted in at the factory. When it is switched on, it checks the ID via the canbus and if all is well, it will start.

If the vehicle ID is incorrect, or it cannot communicate, it will ask for the security code.

Your only option AFAIK is to input the security code every time you switch it on (if you have it) as varesecrazy says.

Last edited:
I have complete manual and code from this radio.

Problem is that radio after start not ask me for a code.

After start show me logo Fiat for 5-7 second and then show me the error message.

I have complete manual and code from this radio.

Problem is that radio after start not ask me for a code.

After start show me logo Fiat for 5-7 second and then show me the error message.

So what does the manual say? I don't have one for that VP1 radio but the manual for my VP2 radio explains the anti-theft protection quite clearly.

If the age of the radio (and the vehicle it came from) and your van are different, there may be inconsistencies in the way it behaves since the protection is as much a function of the vehicle's body computer as the radio.

Have you tried switching it on both with the ignition on and off? If you aren't being given the option to insert the code then short of being able to get it reprogrammed to your vehicle I doubt you will have much luck.

So what does the manual say? I don't have one for that VP1 radio but the manual for my VP2 radio explains the anti-theft protection quite clearly.

If the age of the radio (and the vehicle it came from) and your van are different, there may be inconsistencies in the way it behaves since the protection is as much a function of the vehicle's body computer as the radio.

Have you tried switching it on both with the ignition on and off? If you aren't being given the option to insert the code then short of being able to get it reprogrammed to your vehicle I doubt you will have much luck.

Manual say: Visit dealer service

I was in Fiat dealer service and they told me that “They dont do it”. After my question why, they didnt answer.

My Ducato is 2012 and radio is from 2016.

Manual say: Visit dealer service

I was in Fiat dealer service and they told me that “They dont do it”. After my question why, they didnt answer.

My Ducato is 2012 and radio is from 2016.

There is probably more than one issue here.

Your van is an X250. The radio is from an X290 (2014 on).

I don't know for sure, but judging by the functions available in the diagnostic software that I own, it appears that the way an X290 interacts with the factory radio may be different to the earlier van. If so, the radio and your van may be incompatible.

The dealer's response may also be because AFAIK, they are able to program a brand new replacement radio to a vehicle, but their equipment won't let them reprogram a previously programmed (used) unit to another van. I know of some software that claims to be able to do that, but only for X290 vans, which is one of the things that makes me think the two versions are not compatible.

The security function is also to prevent thefts of radios, which is another reason that the dealer may be disinclined to assist.

There is also the build configuration of the vans to consider. They can be ordered from the factory with a factory radio fitted, no radio facility at all, or with radio preparation. Vans with no radio or radio prep can be fitted with aftermarket radios, the "prep" option just makes it easier for the installer by supplying the wiring and connectors etc. But those vehicles cannot easily be fitted with factory radios because they integrate in a different way with the vehicle.

Similarly, it can be difficult to fit an aftermarket radio into a vehicle that came from the factory with a Fiat radio, without losing some vehicle functions.

I don't know what option your van originally had, but the bottom line is that I think it will almost certainly be much easier and cheaper to fit an aftermarket radio (even if your van previously had a factory radio) than trying to persevere in fitting what is not actually that good a unit anyway.

Hello, so i have new information.

I found one technician in our town which will install it for me. I spoke with him and he says that is not problem but he must change connector because in my ISO connector is no CAN BUS cables. Also he must change something in BCM car computer.

So he will install these new cables with 52pin connector and it will work.

He offer to me also installation cruise control system and multifunction buttons on the steering wheel. All together in 290€

so I took it :D:D:D:D

Can we close this topic?

hi robert

can you maybe send me a picture of the cable you used and what is connected i would like to know the solution because i have the same problem

Back