Technical Ducato 2.3 Oil Pressure Sensor Warning Location

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.3 Oil Pressure Sensor Warning Location

JDN

Hi. My 2012 2.3 130 Ducato has been intermittently displaying the dash board General Warning light when the ignition is switched on. According to MultiEcuScan diag software this is due to the oil pressure switch producing a dodgy electronic message. The software shows the oil pressure as "Normal" when the engine is running and there are no symptoms of actual low oil pressure.

I'd like to clean the oil pressure sensor electrical connector and maybe replace the sensor if a clean doesn't fix it. But where is the sensor? I've had a look around but can't spot it.

TIA.

Hope this helps. Are you sure the displayed message relates to the pressure and not the level?

Attachments

• oil check.pdf
    483.3 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Reactions: JDN
Hi, The Oil Pressure Switch / Sensor is hidden behind the starter motor. If you put your hand over the starter you can feel it.

• Thanks
Reactions: JDN
Thanks guys. I'll check the text of the error message again but I think it was something like the oil pressure sensor value was impossible. I'll look behind the stater motor tomorrow. Cheers!

Error message on MultiEcuScan was Oil Pressure Sensor Fail after event. Presumably the event was switching on the ignition. Oil pressure is shown on my laptop as Normal with the engine running. Cleaning the sensor connector made no difference. Next step is to change the sensor ?

(It's above the starter motor which will have to be removed for access)

Fault cured in time for the MOT - a new Dephi oil pressure switch did the job. Very easy to change from underneath after the starter motor was removed.

Back